Sign in to follow this  

California Ride 6/1-6/3 Georgetown

Hello, my buddy and I are headed to watch Hangtown this weekend and afterwards we are headed up to Georgetown to do a little riding before we go home on 6/3.

Question (1)  I am bringing the toyhauler and I don't really want to drag it to the race event on Saturday, and i am thinking of dropping the trailer at an RV camp in Elk Grove or Folsom (as we are coming from Paso Robles Friday night) then drive up to GT on Saturday night.  Is there a decent RV Camp you would recommend in either city?  

Question (2)  Is GT still open to Green/Red sticker year round?

Question (3)  Does anybody want to meet us at GT and ride those days?

Question (4)  I guess i should ask, but can I assume that GT will be open or are they doing summer seasonal closures?

Thanks!

Hello, my buddy and I are headed to watch Hangtown this weekend and afterwards we are headed up to Georgetown to do a little riding before we go home on 6/3.

Question (1) I am bringing the toyhauler and I don't really want to drag it to the race event on Saturday, and i am thinking of dropping the trailer at an RV camp in Elk Grove or Folsom (as we are coming from Paso Robles Friday night) then drive up to GT on Saturday night. Is there a decent RV Camp you would recommend in either city?

Question (2) Is GT still open to Green/Red sticker year round?

Question (3) Does anybody want to meet us at GT and ride those days?

Question (4) I guess i should ask, but can I assume that GT will be open or are they doing summer seasonal closures?

Thanks!

Not too sure about GT closures. But, I live in Granite Bay, and I've got some space in my yard, or out front of my house. I live 20 minutes from Prairie City/Hangtown. You are welcome to stage your hauler here. I'm also just about an hour from Georgetown. Edited by cosmoKenney

The amount of information available on the INTERNET is astounding!  We just used our iPhone to find; Starbucks, a great Breakfast twice, Cheap Gas,  and Driving Directions just this past weekend.......................... in an area that was completely new to us. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!?

And there are nice dirt bikers on the INTERNET too!?  I don't believe it!  ;)

http://www.fs.usda.gov/eldorado

Georgetown Ranger District
Patricia Trimble, District Ranger
7600 Wentworth Springs Road
Georgetown, CA 95634
530-333-4312
TTY 530-333-5511

The Ranger Station:
Summer Schedule: Open 7 days a week until November 17
Winter Schedule: Open Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm

P.S.  Kenny wins the Coolest Dirt Biker Award.  :thumbsup: 

Edited by superslyko

Yes indeed superslyco, CosmoKenny is one AWESOME dirtbike dude!!  I will send a pm.  

Thanks guys for the information!  

BTW, have the trails changed that much from about 8 years ago?  I hear at the lower water crossing there is a bridge similar to the upper concrete crossing, is that true?

Yes indeed superslyco, CosmoKenny is one AWESOME dirtbike dude!!  I will send a pm.  

Thanks guys for the information!  

BTW, have the trails changed that much from about 8 years ago?  I hear at the lower water crossing there is a bridge similar to the upper concrete crossing, is that true?

Forgot to mention that my neighborhood is quiet and the hauler and gear inside would be secure. There's a hot shower and cold beer in the fridge. It's just my son and I, so we can get away with a lot, like wrenching on bikes inside the air conditioned house! ;-) 

No closures at Rock Creek, all is open including the south range.  There are no OHV sticker restrictions at Rock Creek.

Great offer by CosmoKenny you should take.  If for some reason that doesn't work I can offer the parking space, where I too am in Granite Bay.

BTW, I'm a former SLO County resident.  Moved up here for the riding.  Enjoy it man!

Forgot to mention that my neighborhood is quiet and the hauler and gear inside would be secure. There's a hot shower and cold beer in the fridge. It's just my son and I, so we can get away with a lot, like wrenching on bikes inside the air conditioned house! ;-) 

Cool!!  Thanks for the help! I am looking forward to meeting you guys on Saturday morning.  Gotta love dirtbikes especially if they are allowed in the house  :thumbsup: .  

No closures at Rock Creek, all is open including the south range.  There are no OHV sticker restrictions at Rock Creek.

Great offer by CosmoKenny you should take.  If for some reason that doesn't work I can offer the parking space, where I too am in Granite Bay.

BTW, I'm a former SLO County resident.  Moved up here for the riding.  Enjoy it man!

Thanks for the info yzwiley and the offer, I really appreciate it!  Former SLO Cty resident, now you got me really curious if we've crossed paths.  On another note, didn't you know wornsprocket?  Is he still around or did he give up riding? 

If for some reason that doesn't work I can offer the parking space, where I too am in Granite Bay.

yz, we gotta do a ride. Foresthill has been a blast the last few weeks. 

I love riding me some GT. who's going again soon.....well of course on a cooler day

Thanks to CosmoKenney for letting us park the trailer at his house for the day.  Awesome guy!

We had a great time at Hangtown and got to ride the GT trails.  Dusty but still so much fun riding up there.  The first day it kicked my buddys butt, but by the second day he became used to the trails and rode much better.  Thanks again CosmoKenney!

Thanks to CosmoKenney for letting us park the trailer at his house for the day.  Awesome guy!

We had a great time at Hangtown and got to ride the GT trails.  Dusty but still so much fun riding up there.  The first day it kicked my buddys butt, but by the second day he became used to the trails and rode much better.  Thanks again CosmoKenney!

Any time guys! Sorry I missed the ride. Sorry I missed you when you took off, too. My GF kinda took over my weekend.  :facepalm:

All are always welcome to stage at my place. Just remember that my street is a little too narrow to turn a long trailer around. I wish I could have see you guys back that thing in!!  :thumbsup:

.I too am in Granite Bay.

My brother lives in Granite Bay - Hidden Valley neighborhood...Great place!! Great for mtn bike poachi- I mean mtn bike riding. Seriously, great place up there.

Edited by dyrtmon