Sign in to follow this  

What is it worth?

I rebuilt a 79 yz400 and have decided to sell it.  I think I have a vague idea of what it is worth (and i know its a lot less than what i have in it) but would appreciate some confirmation.  Here is most of what was done on the rebuild which was just completed (1 hour on the top end now).  The market is mid-west (Indiana to be specific).

frame, hubs, and swingarm blasted and painted
new spokes
new tires and tubes front/rear
new chain
new DG pipe/silence
new rear sprocket
new DC plastics
front forks rebuilt
all bearings replaced - front/rear wheel, head, and swingarm
new top end - fresh bore matched to a 2nd over wiseco piston
new crank seals
new levers
new grips
new engine kill switch
new intake boot/manifold
new shift shaft

I have also replaced the seat cover with a black and yellow DC cover but it was done after these pictures were taken.

IMAG1133_zpsktccurgc.jpg

IMAG1132_zpsh8cjx00x.jpg

• Like 3

Looks pretty nice, I have no idea what your area does price wise, around here I'd think a honest price would be 1500-2000 depending on how bad someone wants it. Looks awesome though and I'm sure you have much more into that. I would call that a nice rider since it isn't like its all original and has dc plastics on it

Looks pretty nice, I have no idea what your area does price wise, around here I'd think a honest price would be 1500-2000 depending on how bad someone wants it. Looks awesome though and I'm sure you have much more into that. I would call that a nice rider since it isn't like its all original and has dc plastics on it

That was the range I was thinking too. Maybe I should just keep it and put some money into the suspension. I have been riding a YZ450 and the handling I that bike might have spoiled me a little.

That baby is schweeedt.

In IN they are only worth $400 with delivery to Lafayette. I have the cash and ready to buy :lol:

Joking, it's worth more than I have ready to spend. If all those goodies are "period" take that sucka to the big vintage show in ohio and rake in some dough.

not that you did, but it kills me when i see a vintage bike with a .com sticker on it!