Sign in to follow this  

Power valve springs

07 300 xc-w my spring is just black - no color on it.How can I figure out which one it is?

Also can someone give a quick run down on the springs?

Hard green

Mid Yellow

Soft red

07 300 xc-w my spring is just black - no color on it.How can I figure out which one it is?

Also can someone give a quick run down on the springs?

Hard green

Mid Yellow

Soft red

There are 2 springs in there, you are probably looking at the outer one. The colored one is the inner.

--Turning the dolly screw is the ONLY PV spring adjustment that affects below 5600rpm.

--The auxiliary (colored) spring's starting RPM is not changed by turning the screw, so you will only notice the PV colored spring effects above 5600rpm.

--The full open PV RPM is affected by BOTH the dolly screw setting and the spring choice, but the spring is more significant.

The different colored springs affect how quickly it opens

jd_pv.jpg

There are 2 springs in there, you are probably looking at the outer one. The colored one is the inner.

--Turning the dolly screw is the ONLY PV spring adjustment that affects below 5600rpm.

--The auxiliary (colored) spring's starting RPM is not changed by turning the screw, so you will only notice the PV colored spring effects above 5600rpm.

--The full open PV RPM is affected by BOTH the dolly screw setting and the spring choice, but the spring is more significant.

The different colored springs affect how quickly it opens

jd_pv.jpg

Good chart,I knew it was the inner spring - not the outer one but the inner has no color on it.

I'll just order all 3 and make my own assessment.

I believe that the standard spring is "yellow" but is not marked.