Are 1/4 turn throttles standard on dirt bikes?

Okay, before the hating starts, I am new to dirt bikes so be gentle.  I have ridden sport bikes for many years but picked up some dirt bikes to be able to ride with my young son.  I recently acquired a 2004 Honda CRF250R and we went riding yesterday, and I noticed that the throttle is slightly less than 1/4 turn.  Is this standard for dirt bikes?  This is not standard for sport bikes but some people do modify/replace their throttle tubes to make them 1/4 turn.

I want to try something that is not as aggressive as 1/4 turn but wanted to know if 1/4 turn is standard as I will be looking for parts.

I remember riding with my son, you will have a great time and build some good memories doing that. Mine is now 25 and living out of state so no more rides for us. And 1/4 turn is not stock.

Thanks for the feedback on the throttle tube.  I will look into a replacement throttle tube (perhaps just the OEM one). 

The 1/4 turn throttle was fun yesterday when I was blasting around on "my own" as it allowed me to quickly steer the rear end with the throttle and loft the front wheel.  However, it was "touchy" for me when I was following my young son in the woods or while standing up on the bike to give my rear end some relief.

That is great that you had good memories of riding with your son ........... that was the main purpose for buying the bikes.  After our first trip out this year, he told me that it was one of the greatest days of his life.

If you have an aftermarket quick-turn throttle tube I would be happy to swap you with a brand new OEM tube/grip assembly. PM me if interested.

Can you measure the OD of the OEM throttle tube that you have where the cables ride?