Sign in to follow this  

Tire choice

Hey guys I have a quick question here. I'm stuck between two tires.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/742/-/17814/100-90x19-Maxxis-Maxx-Cross-Intermediate-Terrain-Tire

Maxxis maxx front and rear

Or

Dunlop mx52 front ame rear.

I was also thinking about maybe going with the maxxis In the rear and Dunlop in the front? Any ideas?

I'll be riding trails with a bit of everything so I think intermediate tires should do the trick, just don't know whIch ones

Thanks!

I ride "trails with a bit of everything" and 403 and 404 worked very well for me - only have 3 hrs on them so far.

AT 81. I've probably burned through 12 sets of MX's sweet tire awesome grip. Trail riding they wear quick. Front and rear. I've just switched to AT 81's and I'm sold.

Thanks for the replies guys

After a bit of research I think Im going with the 404 and 403

• Like 1

Anybody rollin' on some Cheng Shin's?  How are they?  Can't be that bad......... right?  :smirk:

I have a couple rears.....Love those tires  :ride:  I paid $30 a piece for them and they last about a year!

• Like 1

MX 51s I've used on my 200, better than stock Metzelers or whatever they're called. A bit "washy outy" in the front to use technical terms.

Also had D606 DOT knobbies. Worked well for what they were.

Big intimidating tread on them to intimidate your buddies too!

• Like 1

I loved the 404 and 403 combo, then I tried the at81. I am also sold, awesome tire!

I loved the 404 and 403 combo, then I tried the at81. I am also sold, awesome tire!

Alright alright

Do I go with the 404 and 403 or at81??

For $30 a piece I was considering it

Anything you recommend in particular?

Well...... what kind of riding do you do?

Well...... what kind of riding do you do?

Single track with some roots hard dirt and a tiny bit of sand

Dont buy cheng shins, dudes just messin witchu

And what's wrong with Cheng Shin's?  I've heard they are good tires for their price.  You're just probably those guys who wants to look cool by getting 'cool' brand name stuff so you can fit in!

Edited by Honda_Power

What size tire do you need?

You can buy the Chen's 755 REAR tire for your bike, it will do OK, you won't complain much, it will last forever and it's cheap. Other option are out there, how about Kenda Track master (rear only) or the Washougal (front and rear)?

You don't race, ride single track...which isn't all that fast.....and more technical than "hero traction"?

No need for a "race" tire (MX 51/52) they'll wear out to fast in the grime.

Look for a good tread pattern in Medium to Hard terrain. If you ride a lot of sand lean towards Medium terrain, everything else the Hard terrain tires will work.