2015 yz 2 strokes

Don't know if anyone has heard but on the new pulpmx, keefer says he's seen them and they are all new totally revamped machines, well the 250 anyway. But should we trust dirt rider after they made the claim in last years July issue of a new honda 2 stroke. They actually re ran it as April fools to back pedal it. I hope they do a 125 or 150 type bike too if this is true. I think if it is, it will be in the new chassis. Anyone have any more info?

Edited by perkybewbs

Don't know if anyone has heard but on the new pulpmx, keefer says he's seen them and they are all new totally revamped machines, well the 250 anyway. But should we trust dirt rider after they made the claim in last years July issue of a new honda 2 stroke. They actually re ran it as April fools to back pedal it. I hope they do a 125 or 150 type bike too if this is true. I think if it is, it will be in the new chassis. Anyone have any more info?

That would be awesome. They've stuck with them this long, you would think they'd reach a "sh@t or get off the pot" point eventually. I'd rather they sh@t then get off...

Lol @skeeter no well I like the current yz250. It's a cool bike. I'm not convinced they are reliable though but I kinda like it better than the Ktm. I have ridden the Ktm but it was the 2011 pds version. I wanted an excuse to get a yamaha 250 and 125 and I might have one now. Personally I think they look cooler than the Ktm with and without the restyle kit. I think fuel injection is coming and new frame and plastics for sure. I hope they do a small bore bike too because I have been really really wanting a 125-150 for a while now even though it's like riding a bicycle.

I don't know, I think it's either last years 250f frame or the new 250f frame. For one it would be cost effective to use this frame because the research and development has already been done. Also the recent aluminum frame conversions could have prompted yamaha to do this. I think yamaha is more in tune with consumer demand than any other motorcycle manufacturer. They are the most innovative and dedicated to the offroad market than the other jap manufacturers. I have heard rumors on here and other places that we will indeed get fuel injection. We are demanding more 2 strokes than we have in the past and yamaha is listening. I think it's possible that they keep the 05 frame and use the restyle kit ala the Australian version as oem plastic but I am hopeful and expect more from yamaha than that. Keefer said it's going to be totally new. If I had the money I would drop a reserve down payment sight unseen on a 250 and the small bore machine. I really don't like the ktm's much. I guess I could get used to it but my body and or riding style doesn't agree with it. I'm 5'10 and it feels really cramped to me.

Unfortunately, this talk of "all-new" 2-strokes has been happening for 8 years. I personally don't think it will happen, but I wish it would. I own a 2006 YZ125 (bored out to 144) and a 2014 YZ450F. I really like the 450, but ride better and longer on the 125. I wish Yamaha would compete with the KTM 150, but I don't see it happening. I really hope I am wrong, but based on their past they will keep producing 2-stokes as is until there is no demand (like the blaster and banshee quads). Other than the start, I don't think total power has much effect on lap times, so a 2-stoke, big or small, is just as competitive. Unfortunately, it's easier to pass everyone on the start and work your way back than start at the back and work your way forward. I learned this a long time ago.

Lol @skeeter no well I like the current yz250. It's a cool bike. I'm not convinced they are reliable though but I kinda like it better than the Ktm. I have ridden the Ktm but it was the 2011 pds version. I wanted an excuse to get a yamaha 250 and 125 and I might have one now. Personally I think they look cooler than the Ktm with and without the restyle kit. I think fuel injection is coming and new frame and plastics for sure. I hope they do a small bore bike too because I have been really really wanting a 125-150 for a while now even though it's like riding a bicycle.

Im with you I love my 06. Great bike for all types of riding. If they make a yz150 I will be all over that!! I have had 3 Alumni frame yz125's so I understand the love for the small bore! I cant wait to see these new bikes. 

I speculate more than a few tweaks. Keefer said its a new machine in a round about way. Fuel injected is a rumor but it can be done so...I wouldn't be surprised. People have already done it. Ktm supposedly has it in the works as well.

Unfortunately, this talk of "all-new" 2-strokes has been happening for 8 years. I personally don't think it will happen, but I wish it would. I own a 2006 YZ125 (bored out to 144) and a 2014 YZ450F. I really like the 450, but ride better and longer on the 125. I wish Yamaha would compete with the KTM 150, but I don't see it happening. I really hope I am wrong, but based on their past they will keep producing 2-stokes as is until there is no demand (like the blaster and banshee quads). Other than the start, I don't think total power has much effect on lap times, so a 2-stoke, big or small, is just as competitive. Unfortunately, it's easier to pass everyone on the start and work your way back than start at the back and work your way forward. I learned this a long time ago.

I agree with you on that. There has been a lot of talk about new 2 strokes but I don't know, if you can trust what kris keefer has to say then it should be true. Yamaha sells a lot of yz's I think it would be a fabulous business decision to go ahead and mount that motor in a 250f frame and get more power from the motor. It is annoying though for people to just come out of the blue and say that Hondas bringing them back or suzuki but I think the yamaha is for real . Well know around the beginning of June or July. Keefer does a lot of testing for companies that develop new products and he works for dirt rider so I think we should see it and I'm excited.

I agree with you on that. There has been a lot of talk about new 2 strokes but I don't know, if you can trust what kris keefer has to say then it should be true. Yamaha sells a lot of yz's I think it would be a fabulous business decision to go ahead and mount that motor in a 250f frame and get more power from the motor. It is annoying though for people to just come out of the blue and say that Hondas bringing them back or suzuki but I think the yamaha is for real . Well know around the beginning of June or July. Keefer does a lot of testing for companies that develop new products and he works for dirt rider so I think we should see it and I'm excited.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Keefer and some of the other MXA people do alot of testing for Yamaha.  Hopefully this means a new Japanese 2 stroke!

• Like 1