Sign in to follow this  

Xr500r fork identification please help

Hi - can anyone help identify the forks on my 82 xr500r as I'm going stir crazy. I think they may be cr125.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401210622.583883.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401210685.265582.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401210705.599358.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401210723.132293.jpg

dont they have A logo name like KYB OR Showa?

also it would help if you measure the diameter and post it here, it will be easier for someone to help

dont they have A logo name like KYB OR Showa?

also it would help if you measure the diameter and post it here, it will be easier for someone to help

They dont have any writing or numbers on them at all unfortunately. The tube diameter is 44mm and the fork leg is 50 cm long.

They dont have any writing or numbers on them at all unfortunately. The tube diameter is 44mm and the fork leg is 50 cm long.

are you sure the chrome tube measures 44mm,  there was no 44mm fork tube made in all my catalogs i checked!

Parts Europe has all the dimensions listed for the codes for oil seals from vintage to modern dirt bikes dating back to the 80'!

what do you want to do other than identify the make off these?

They could be 43mm - my equipment is a bit crude. I'm looking to identify to replace the tubes (chrome knackered) or I might try and find a replacement front end. From what I've read most old CR 250/500 should fit.

if your triples are 43 then i would think that many solutions are possible! you could find a used set for a low price...