Sign in to follow this  

1995 CR250R Jeremy McGrath Edition?

Probably 1-800-COLLECT decals. Nothing more.

You mean it doesn't come with a special handmade cone pipe? What a raw deal...

• Like 1

You mean it doesn't come with a special handmade cone pipe? What a raw deal...

No handmade pipe, but maybe the "McGrath edition" comes with instructions on how to pull off a sweet nac-nac.

• Like 2

So

fyi i picked two of them up for $400 so it's not like i got ripped off :p

[/quote

sounds good, Pics?

This is the better of the two, I know she is a little rough, but she runs great.

1512398_611086075613100_571327640_n.jpg

Are my eyes deceiving me or does that thing have newer twin chamber forks with an aftermarket triple clamp?

• Like 1

This is the better of the two, I know she is a little rough, but she runs great.

1512398_611086075613100_571327640_n.jpg

Two for 400 bucks? Damn nice deal

Just went through and redid the top end. First time doing this and everything went smoothly for me not having a manual or experience. One problem, I'm not sure I reassembled the power valve correctly. I am assuming that it is supposed to have spring tension and at this point it doesn't. Anyone know anything about this?

Did you at least use new gaskets on the top end?

If you look around the forum and/or google you can probably find the power valve information somewhere.  Another reason I'm a big CR500 fan... no stinkin' power valve to worry about :D

Looks good! I just gave $700 for a bone stock 92 CR250. It's all there, was rode hard and put away wet and hasn't been touched in about sixteen years. Did you disassemble the power valve to clean it? If you didn't disassemble it then you didn't properly align the boss with the groove on the valve lever when you re-installed the cylinder. 

Remove the round cover from the left side of the cylinder. This is your sub exhaust valve. At idle the notch will be vertical. Rev the motor and if working properly, the notch will rotate 90 degrees counter-clockwise. 

I'd recommend the Honda service manual as the Clymers combine to many models into one book. Hondas simple service manual covers the 92-96 250 model years.   

Looks good! I just gave $700 for a bone stock 92 CR250. It's all there, was rode hard and put away wet and hasn't been touched in about sixteen years. Did you disassemble the power valve to clean it? If you didn't disassemble it then you didn't properly align the boss with the groove on the valve lever when you re-installed the cylinder. 

Remove the round cover from the left side of the cylinder. This is your sub exhaust valve. At idle the notch will be vertical. Rev the motor and if working properly, the notch will rotate 90 degrees counter-clockwise. 

I'd recommend the Honda service manual as the Clymers combine to many models into one book. Hondas simple service manual covers the 92-96 250 model years.   

Sounds like a good deal. I did disassemble and clean the power valve, I did make sure to align the groove when I was putting the cylinder head back on. I'll check to see if it is working and report back with the results. Thanks:)

Did you at least use new gaskets on the top end?

If you look around the forum and/or google you can probably find the power valve information somewhere.  Another reason I'm a big CR500 fan... no stinkin' power valve to worry about :D

I'm sorry to say that I didn't use new gaskets. The gaskets that I used looked good and had no tears. (I know that means nothing and I am debating on redoing the top end with new parts in the near future.) I'll look around for more info on the power valve. And I totally agree, the power valve is kind of annoying so you have to love the old school way of doing it.