Sign in to follow this  

Headlight unit. Road Legal in UK?

Hi there, I've recently brought a crf 450 x 2006 and am currently changing the plastics to black, i have found this headlight on ebay but was just wondering if it would be road legal in the uk? The reply that i got from the seller wasn't helpful at all and didn't answer my question haha! heres the link to the headlight on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-12V-Motocross-Double-Headlight-Fits-Honda-CRF-450-F-450-R-450-X-/400707206630?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d4c02bde6

If someone could advise that would be amazing.

cheers all,

Very unlikely for that headlight to be road legal, I dont know the rules & regulations in the UK though
It looks too much like a simple MX front numberplate + it will not fit very well pushed out from the wiring & speedo, There would be a gap between the forks n headlight which would look terrible, The headlight you have linked also looks very Chinesee cheap & swear word ugly
Have a look at the Polisport MMX or similar, Something that at least looks like a street legal headlight for starters

Ok super thanks for that info mate, that's pretty much what I was thinking as well haha! Glad your could clarify it for me tho.

Ah yeah sweet, is that one pretty much the same as the stock headlight but in black?

i put an oem unit from a 2012 wr450 on my crfx and it looks great and is quite bright. bought an ebay one and ended up throwing it out it sucked so much