Sign in to follow this  

Oversized radiator

Does anyone make an oversized radiator for a 09 kx450? Iv looked but all I'm finding is standard size off brands.

Reason I'm asking is I plan on eventually making it street legal and it's over heated on me riding in the woods before. I don't want to be at a stop light and over heat. I guess I just want reassurance.

In the same boat. I believe they started making the radiators like 50% thicker in 2010. I drained my coolant and put in new coolant ( just reg. ) and added a shot of water wetter and improvement was huge.

AFAIK there are only stronger rads, not larger ones, I already had to buy a set.  I wrote back to the manufacturer about being stock sized and was notified that they did not make OS ones..

However they work fine, use some Evans waterless coolant and a small catch tank if its an issue.

I think the mylers supercool rads are thicker core as well. I just bought one that will be here Monday to replace a broken one.

I have the ebay GPI ones fitted to my KLX450 they are actually very good quality,bigger and stronger and in my case hold an extra 300ml of coolant,no leaks and they bolted to the frame perfectly and just had to remove the brackets where the OEM louvres would bolt to so the guards could fit back on,highy reccomend them

photo7_zps884aee2f.jpg

photo6_zpsa17b078a.jpg

photo14_zps4150912d.jpg

• Like 1

Oh my mistake about there not being oversized ones, I didnt realize it was for an 09' I couldnt find oversized ones for a '13 when I needed some for myself!  Ended up getting the GPI ones, they are fully welded but about the same size as stock.