Sign in to follow this  

No front brake

I have a 2008 CRF 450. I am the original owner on. Put it away last winter brakes worked fine. Enough to bring the back end of the bike up. Pull it out get it all ready to ride and I notice I don't have any front brake there. They are not mushy, just feels like the pads aren't grabbing.  Still plenty of pad left. I am thinking some how fork oil got on them, and now they aren't grabbing. But I figured I would ask the question before i go and buy all rotors and pads.

I have bled the brakes 3-4 times now, to fix this, to no success.

Thanks for the input in advance

I'd try cleaning the pads and rotor with brake cleaner or somethin before going out and buying new pads..

Check the line as well. When they start going bad you can hold the line in your hand and you can feel it expand and contract when you pump the brake lever. Thats no good. The stock lines go bad after so many years of service. If it is bad do yourself a favor and get a braided stainless steel line.

True that and the tusk one is a great buy.. Along with their oversized rotor. I have both in mine and their great. But if you do all that rebuild the brake cylinder as well.

If fork oil got onto the pads, theyre toast. Just wouldn't stop. No amount of cleaning could save mine. The rotor will be fine.

I'm having the exact issue with the rear brakes on my 07, I tried new pads, bleeding the system and cleaning the rotor, I'm thinking the line on mine as well

I'm having the exact issue with the rear brakes on my 07, I tried new pads, bleeding the system and cleaning the rotor, I'm thinking the line on mine as well

I rebuilt the calliper on mine , it's much better now .