Sign in to follow this  

Who else's pipe fell off?

I was riding in pits and I hear BRRRRAAAAAAAPPP!!! Way louder than normal and I realized my silencer had fallen off

pipe fell of on my kx80 because the bolt rattled ,out used masking tape and rode like that all day ..

• Like 2

happened to me once on the road, i had it temporarily tied on my sub frame because i couldnt get it to slip back on the mid pipe after i remove it to change the packing. it melted a piece of my side panel 

The rivets on my endcap worked themselves loose and it fell off along with the core and packing so I pretty much had an open canister lol. It freaked me out because It sounded so much different all of a sudden I thought I blew it up. Had to go search the track for the end cap because if fell off at the other end of the track.

• Like 1

I'd be embarrassed to post a post like this, says a lot for your lack of attention to maintenance.

• Like 3

Lol I've never seen it happen to anything but ghetto undermaintained bikes. Not saying it can't happen to others. But that's all I've seen. And i had one friend lose a pitbikes pipe. Like the bolts came loose, at the head, and the whole thing rattled off of the fitting.

His bike was ghetto and undermaintained

Lol I've never seen it happen to anything but ghetto undermaintained bikes. Not saying it can't happen to others. But that's all I've seen. And i had one friend lose a pitbikes pipe. Like the bolts came loose, at the head, and the whole thing rattled off of the fitting.

My old bike was always maintained and it kicked the pipe off it by bottoming out

>.

My old bike was always maintained and it kicked the pipe off it by bottoming out

>.

Must've bottomed out Damn hard? And the pipes are made to not hit the rear tires

Must've bottomed out Damn hard? And the pipes are made to not hit the rear tires

My friend has a TTR 125 or 225, whichever, that he uses for a trail bike and the muffler was tweaked a tiny bit at the bracket and the rear wheel hit it when he bottomed out off a tiny ass jump. Those things have awful suspension, at least his did. It's really stiff.
  • Like 1

Now that I recall, I've had the muffler fall off a crappy Baja 150 quad before. The thing sucks, but it's nice to haul tree branchs and shit into the woods when the lawnmower won't cut it.

The thing snapped right at the welds on the mounts and rattled off. Then my cousin somehow managed to tear the swing arm and rear rotor outta it and he "didn't" notice when it happened, although I'm sure he must've when he was pushing it back.

"Thought it was outta gas..."

my bike is a kdx and its rattle city on the kdx it shakes A LOT