Sign in to follow this  

2012 suspension set-up...please read

I weigh 192 naked, c-class rider, I am looking for a baseline set up from someone similiar weight to me. I have a couple issues:

1. Rider sag is 102mm, static sag is 35mm. In sharp corners the back end tends to wash out or "come around", to rectify that i will back off lo speed compression to 13 clicks, that rectifies the issue but then I tend to wallow or get a little bouncy in the rough stuff. Any thoughts?

2. SFF set up...I hear you should run 50mm of sag, in order to do that i really have to back off my preload to about 12 in from fully out, this makes it quite nice in the corners, but it then seems to be a little too soft, to compensate I run my compression a little stiff (8 clicks from out)..should I go lighter spring?

Again, Im looking for a baseline to work off of, any and all thoughts appreciated

I weigh 192 naked, c-class rider, I am looking for a baseline set up from someone similiar weight to me. I have a couple issues:

1. Rider sag is 102mm, static sag is 35mm. In sharp corners the back end tends to wash out or "come around", to rectify that i will back off lo speed compression to 13 clicks, that rectifies the issue but then I tend to wallow or get a little bouncy in the rough stuff. Any thoughts?

2. SFF set up...I hear you should run 50mm of sag, in order to do that i really have to back off my preload to about 12 in from fully out, this makes it quite nice in the corners, but it then seems to be a little too soft, to compensate I run my compression a little stiff (8 clicks from out)..should I go lighter spring?

Again, Im looking for a baseline to work off of, any and all thoughts appreciated

At 192lbs you should probly be running one up stiffer springs. So until you do that adjusting anything is just a bandaid

At 192lbs you should probly be running one up stiffer springs. So until you do that adjusting anything is just a bandaid

believe it or not Racetech says rear is spot on and front should be softer not stiffer, way softer actually

yea i believe it on the rear. But the fronts prior to 13' are notorously under sprung. Im 180 running stock wich is .97 in the front. I would call Factory connection they will tell ya what they reccomend over the phone. That said being a C rider or a trail rider you would probly be fine with it.   On my 12' i used MXA magazines best settings and adjusted from there.  So google that and see what it says

We find they run better one spring rate up, but that's us. Our 12 wallowed so we installed a PC linkage which helped. Hard to give a lot of advise without watching someone ride.