need help installing flywheel

So I've been slowly working through my top end and just replaced the timing chain, trying to get the flywheel back on.  I've done some searches and found the method to use a rubber strap vice thing to hold the flywheel while you torque down the flywheel nut to 35 ft/lbs?  It does not seem right that I would torque down the flywheel nut to 'press on' the flywheel?  is this the case?  Here is a copy and past from the manual, the part in bold is what has me confused...

Flywheel Magneto Installation
flash-point solvent, clean
any
• Using a highon the crankshaft taper [A] off in theoil or dirt
that may be
or
hole

in the flywheel. Dry them with a clean cloth.
Fit the woodruff key [C] securely in the slot in the crank-
shaft.
NOTE
○Confirm the flywheel fit or not to the crankshaft before
tightening it with specified torque.
• Install the flywheel and tighten it with 45 N·m (4.5 kgf·m,
33 ft·lb) of torque.
the flywheel nut.
• Remove the auxiliary bolt (M12 mm × P1.25 mm × L100
○Prepare
mm)

○Check the tightening torque with rotor puller and auxiliary
bolt [A].
Special Tool - Rotor Puller: 57001-1565
If the flywheel is not pulled out with 20 N·m (2 kgf·m, 15
ft·lb) of drawing torque, it is installed correctly.
If the flywheel is pulled out with under 20 N·m (2 kgf·m,
15 ft·lb) of drawing torque, clean off any oil dirt or flaw of
the crankshaft and flywheel tapered portion, and dry them
with a clean cloth. Then, confirm that it is not pulled out
with above torque.

It is right.  The flywheel holder I use is fifth gear with someone sitting on the bike.  You could use a strap wrench, too, if you can get it tight enough, or a clutch basket holder that locks the basket and hub together for just such an occasion.

What the manual is telling you to do is torque the thing down, then try to pull it off.  If it pulls off easily, it means it isn't seated correctly.  Definitely want it seated correctly.  I'll edit later with a pic of the tool I am taking about.

Edit:  Here is what it looks like http://www.walmart.com/ip/EBC-Clutch-Removal-Tool-Fits-04-13-Kawasaki-KX250F/32334130

Edited by Dragon67

Thanks Dragon, I ended up ordering the tool I posted earlier.. we'll see if there is enough room to grab the holes from the back side of the flywheel... if not I'll try the 5th gear method..  I did get it to what I thought was close to 33 ft/lbs but after unbolting the flywheel nut the flywheel came off without any effort...  I'll give her a go again with the info you provided.  Thank again!