Sign in to follow this  

'06 WR250F fork shrounds hitting front fender

I was coming up short on one jump last time out and the fork shrouds were destructively impacting the front fender. I've had the suspension reworked and my sags where I want it so, it seems to be a little bit of a design flaw that this is even possible.

I saw a thread at http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/698467-rsw-fork-brace-hits-front-fender/?hl=fork+hitting+fender#entry7073022 where someone just cut a notch in their front fender and added some bracing. That's certainly one idea.

Does anyhbody no of fork shrouds or front fenders that give you more clearance or is that my best option?

same bike here and my OEM ones don't even come close to hitting the fender when i bottom out.. which is once in a blue moon. One or twice per ride. Did you raise your forks on the triples, if so, how much?

Well, there's two jumps I'm working up to so, I'm probably bottoming out twice per lap (i'm sooo close).

I first noticed one of the mounting tabs on the right fork shroud broke first and then it starting cutting through the front fender in a mutually destructive way but, the fork shroud got the worst of it.

I replaced them with UFO equivelents yesterday. They aren't identical to stock and seem to give maybe slightly more fender clearance so, I'd like to think I'm good to go. IT's possible that when the mounting tab broke they didn't align properly or could move a little and that's what caused my problem. :)