Sign in to follow this  

Yz250f pours gas out of carb, possible fuel in oil

I recently bought a 04 yz250f. As soon as you turn the gas on it will pour out of the overflow, will start and run but will die at WOT. Also, I pulled the dipstick out of the frame and oil began running out, kind of smells like it has gas in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK, couldn't get the search function to work on this website but after google search found fuel running out should be floats or needle. The excessive amount of fluid running out of the dipstick hole is what really has me concerned anyhow. Any ideas?

If the needle is bad, fuel will run and flood down into the cylinder and into the oil. That was how it was explained to me :)

You have a stuck needle or stuck float letting fuel continually run into the carb and then into the engine.  Fix this problem and then change the oil.  The gas will break down the oil.

It stops with the fuel off though, correct? Just picked up a wr last night and it runs even with the fuel off. Popped the line and it has a steady flow in the off position. :(