Sign in to follow this  

Lever control.....

How do you all use the clutch/brake lever?  By that I mean do you use all four fingers to squeeze the lever?  I use 2, my pointer and middle finger...... because I'm cool.

Alot of MotoGP riders use from 1 finger to some who use all four (like Valentino Rossi, I believe).  Some used differently on clutch lever to brake lever.

Are you going to try to be serious and respectful?

One index finger on the clutch and one index finger on the brake at ALL times.....but my clutch is hydraulic.

TTAvatar2_zps034f8f5a.png

Pink, ring, and middle on the clutch, and the whole hand on the brake when I panic. If I'm not panicking, point and middle on it.,

A finger on the brake is worth two fingers on a clutch.  I don't even use a clutch anymore.  Just to re start it if I'm level ground or not moving, and to pop start the bike to get it moving again.  So long as you don't grind them, who needs a clutch? :devil: 

A finger on the brake is worth two fingers on a clutch.  I don't even use a clutch anymore.  Just to re start it if I'm level ground or not moving, and to pop start the bike to get it moving again.  So long as you don't grind them, who needs a clutch? :devil:

Thas cause you ride desert and big bore Devil.

Curious...... can you use the front brake lever, and roll the throttle at the same time?  Like heel/toe driving on cars.

I use heel toe to rev match downshifts, but cant really see too many applications outside racing/drifting?

Edit: This is talking about cars by the way

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 1

I use heel toe to rev match downshifts, but cant really see too many applications outside racing/drifting?

Edit: This is talking about cars by the way

Fun, that's what i use if for haha.

If you ask me driving a stick car like it's a race car (heel-toeing often, powere shifting) is stupid fun to do.

Fun, that's what i use if for haha.

If you ask me driving a stick car like it's a race car (heel-toeing often, powere shifting) is stupid fun to do.

I do it on downshifts, always one blip in neutral, sometimes a blip as I go into the gear.

The reason I do it is because Sandlover reckons couble clutching saves your sychros.

• Like 2

I don't generally use the clutch to shift, but I do abuse the hell out of it in turns...:lol:

I use two fingers on each, just because it feels weird to not be symmetrical...:smirk:

• Like 3

What is heel toeing lol?

Controlling both the throttle and brake with your right foot. That way you can control both at once, such as braking into turns that you need to keep the revs up for the next gear.

I think drifters also use it to clutch dump to get the wheels going.

• Like 1

Controlling both the throttle and brake with your right foot. That way you can control both at once, such as braking into turns that you need to keep the revs up for the next gear.

I think drifters also use it to clutch dump to get the wheels going.

They do i believe, drifting would be stupid fun to. Although that is a ridiculous amount of fancy footwork

How do you all use the clutch/brake lever?  By that I mean do you use all four fingers to squeeze the lever?  I use 2, my pointer and middle finger...... because I'm cool.

Alot of MotoGP riders use from 1 finger to some who use all four (like Valentino Rossi, I believe).  Some used differently on clutch lever to brake lever.

5...everyone should use 5.  I hear it's the best and only way to have great clutch and break control.  

• Like 3

5...everyone should use 5.  I hear it's the best and only way to have great clutch and break control.

This is a very serious topic and should be taken seriously.

NO thread derails no silly answers :smirk:

A finger on the brake is worth two fingers on a clutch. I don't even use a clutch anymore. Just to re start it if I'm level ground or not moving, and to pop start the bike to get it moving again. So long as you don't grind them, who needs a clutch? :devil:

2strokes