Sign in to follow this  

Handguards for Beta 250 RR - Help

Pulled the trigger on a 2014 Beta 250 RR Race Edition. The stock hand guards will only do for so long.  I need real wrap around hand guards, but don't like the ones that mount on the bar. What are the options? 

ProMotoBillet told me today that none of their Fastway FIT systems versions 1, 2 or 3) because the Beta has 41mm bolt spacing rather than 40mm for pretty much everyone else. I thought I read somewhere that some people have but these handguards on their Betas.

Do the Cycras that mount to the triple clamp work for Betas? Best place to buy them online?

Any other options?

Pulled the trigger on a 2014 Beta 250 RR Race Edition. The stock hand guards will only do for so long.  I need real wrap around hand guards, but don't like the ones that mount on the bar. What are the options? 

ProMotoBillet told me today that none of their Fastway FIT systems versions 1, 2 or 3) because the Beta has 41mm bolt spacing rather than 40mm for pretty much everyone else. I thought I read somewhere that some people have but these handguards on their Betas.

Do the Cycras that mount to the triple clamp work for Betas? Best place to buy them online?

Any other options?

I have cycras on my Beta 300. I think they are this type..  They work good.. don't know about the other mounting.

http://slavensracing.com/shop/cycra-probend-crm-handguard-racer-pack-1-18/

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

I have the FIT Version 3 on mine with FLEXX bars. They are the ones for KTM.  Work just fine. Not sure what the deal is with PMB saying they won't.  You are the second person that has posted saying that they claim they do not fit.  Weird. 

I have cycras on my Beta 300. I think they are this type..  They work good.. don't know about the other mounting.

http://slavensracing.com/shop/cycra-probend-crm-handguard-racer-pack-1-18/

Thanks. So perhaps I don't need to mount to the triple clamp, but mounting right beside it should be okay. This is probably a silly question but aren't the stock Beta handlebars 7/8" not the oversized 1 1/8"?

How about just getting the Enduro Engineering ones with the BYOB? They even have the little Beta logo etched into them. I have had the Fastway FIT system in the past and it was horrible. They are so long that they bend at every tip over....

I had Acerbis Rally Pros on my last bike and hated the mounting point on the bar where it bends. They never stayed in place. Was hoping to get ones like the Fastways to avoid this, but now I am thinking the Cycras that mount beside the triple clamp is where it is at. Do you know where the EE's mount?

I have the FIT Version 3 on mine with FLEXX bars. They are the ones for KTM.  Work just fine. Not sure what the deal is with PMB saying they won't.  You are the second person that has posted saying that they claim they do not fit.  Weird. 

Yeah, strange. They even changed their website today so the Betas don't show up as compatible.

Here they are on mine

IMG_1002_zps7a9d05c0.jpg

That looks great. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and ask they if they are "sure". 

I haven't had that issue...yet.  

No they are 1 1/8"

I had one of the first versions back in 2005. I was not aware they have been improved over the years. Holy shit, they sure have come a long way since the ones I had.  Very cool!

http://www.promotobillet.com/p-22569-hand-guards.html

This was back in 2007 or so. Yea, I know, Novice! I still am one to this day. Maybe that's why I kept bending mine........

ktm.jpg

I know this sounds weird, as if anyone knows me here they know I can really field test barkbusters! Spent bunches of $$$ on them, somtimes multiple times for the same bike(s).

So far I've only crashed my Beta 3 times, yeah weird, I know, but not wanting to use those useless "flag" style ones, I elected for the EE ones in the BYOB section, they seem to offer decent hand protection. Seem strong and the price was right. OK, they're not going to win any styling awards.

But for my future understanding why are many here adverse in running them?

Just wondering...

I just put fastway #3 on my Beta fit perfect,, not sure about the measurement's but the with the Zokes they fit perfect, I also used the plastic from beta and just drilled holes to fit the wrap around

Highway Dirt Bikes makes a beast of a hand guard if you're not on a budget. They offer two styles of mounts depending if you want to clamp back to the bars or tie them in to the top clamp. Both versions are threaded into the bar ends. They are not the expansion type mount typically used. The tap for the bars is supplied with all gaurds. The top clamp can be customized for switches and/or a combination of switches and led light indicators. If you don't see a top clamp you like, call Dusty and he will make what you like.

Edited by Rotax
  • Like 1

Highway Dirt Bikes makes a beast of a hand guard if you're not on a budget. They offer two styles of mounts depending if you want to clamp back to the bars or tie them in to the top clamp. Both are threaded into the bar ends. The top clamp can be customized for switches and/or a combination of switches and led light indicators. If you don't see a top clamp you like, call Dusty and he will make what you like.

Very pricey but they are the best money can buy. I really like the swivel mirror built into them.

My son has the mirror option but I don't. It's a great ideal and works great but being as tall as I am I can't see in them unless I bend way down. I did try to get the directional option but for some reason they discontinued it.

Edited by Rotax