Sign in to follow this  

Mx schools in Oklahoma

Hi guys in 16 just got done rebuilding my dream 2001 cr250 and I'm ready to race the thing is i have lived out of the country for a bit and never was able to race when I was younger I have been riding bikes and quads since I was 7 or so so I'm not a absolute rookie but I'm new to the track scene

Which Mx school would you recommend for me? I live in Coweta and can go just about anywhere around OK

Thank you for the help hopefully you guys can help get me on the right track

can't help you on schools, but I'm curious as to why you think you need one? If you are new to the track scene seat time will improve you the most. Get some laps under your belt and then maybe look into a school? Also most mx schools do cost a decent amount of money. I have no idea of your financial situation, I just mention that because you are riding an older bike...

can't help you on schools, but I'm curious as to why you think you need one? If you are new to the track scene seat time will improve you the most. Get some laps under your belt and then maybe look into a school? Also most mx schools do cost a decent amount of money. I have no idea of your financial situation, I just mention that because you are riding an older bike...

The reason I belive I need a school is mabeay I can speed the leading process at least snowboarding lessons and all helped me a lot when I was younger I just thought someone watching me and helping to correct and teach me might be a good way to start

As a skier and a motocrosser, I think lessons are a lot more helpful in the snow. Just my opinion. Another approach is to watch some instructional videos, try to work on technique when you ride. If you have any way of seeing of video of yourself to see where you are lacking might help. I bet even some of the experts on thumpertalk would be willing to give you advice :ride:  . 

I have no idea where coweta is in OK since I'm not from there, and I'm too lazy to google it. But Reynard raceway lists having schools. Also if you make out to a local track I would guess either the staff at the track or people in the pits would know what mx schools are going on. 

Moto City in Blanchard has a MX school listed on their website... I don't know anything about it but I remember seeing it when I was looking for tracks in my area... might give them a call and see what it's all about

• Like 1

As a skier and a motocrosser, I think lessons are a lot more helpful in the snow. Just my opinion. Another approach is to watch some instructional videos, try to work on technique when you ride. If you have any way of seeing of video of yourself to see where you are lacking might help. I bet even some of the experts on thumpertalk would be willing to give you advice :ride: .

I have no idea where coweta is in OK since I'm not from there, and I'm too lazy to google it. But Reynard raceway lists having schools. Also if you make out to a local track I would guess either the staff at the track or people in the pits would know what mx schools are going on.

Thank you for all the help I understand what you said about the lessons I need seat time on a track which I can't wait for

Moto City in Blanchard has a MX school listed on their website... I don't know anything about it but I remember seeing it when I was looking for tracks in my area... might give them a call and see what it's all about

Thanks for your help I'll check into it I was looking at one in olkmulgee also