Am I the only one whos against holeshot devices and launch control?

I feel like the rider should be controlling the bike not electronics or a device.(dislike the launch control more than then the holeshot devices)

There is so much science in bikes these days that it would be hard to identify things to disallow.  As for launch control and holeshot devices, let's face it, they don't represent significant advantages.  The most important performance mod of any bike is the nut that connects the handlebars to the foot pegs! (credit KJ790)

I think electronics are going to play an increasing role in the sport, for better or worse.  There is so much potential that hasn't even been considered yet.  

• Like 3

I have a Works Connection Hole Shot Device on my 450R with a Hinson BLT slipper clutch. The WC HSD helps keep the front end down with more throttle and less clutch control. The Hinson BTL provides improved traction when the gate drops due to less wheel spin, (clutch slips) better wheel bite, little clutch control required, and more throttle. Combine the two mods/devices.. and you do have improved launch/performance capability when the gate drops. The mods/devices do help.. however. If the rider don't understand or know how to get the most out of the devices/mods, they are basically useless. The rider is 90% of the bikes overall performance; and the bike is 10% at best.

It's really all about the rider. Not the mods.  

Cheers. 

• Like 1

This belongs in the Town Square forums.. along with my disfavor for Obama (I hate that man's guts!!!!!), my hate for the EPA, the environmentalists and their hypocrisy, etc.

Dr. Freud’s office is open from 9am to 4pm M-Th for your scheduling convenience.   He has been advertising upgraded couches with orange pillows…..

I sort of view sanctioned MX racing like NASCAR.  There is a lot of stuff race specific but not really usable or useful to the rest of the world on the bikes.  If it helps the racers get around the track faster and safer, so what…….  It just entertainment.

I don't have launch control but "did" have a holeshot device.  Bought my current bike used and it came with one.  Used it for the first time (and the first time using one ever) and the bike shot out the gate like a cannon, it was awesome.  Came back to the pits and the thing ripped off somewhere on the track.

• Like 2