Sign in to follow this  

'12/'13 KTM 250 XC vs. '14 KTM 250 XC

Hello guys! My son is moving up and agreed on a KTM 250 XC. I've seen couple b'11 and '12's and a '14; they're all 250 XC and they're used. My question is if is worthed to pay the extra money for the '14 model and how efficient is the front suspension having the compression and rebound adjustments on top of each fork chamber. The boy is racing harescramble and his riding style is very agressive. The '12 models are $1000+ cheaper then the '14. Please help me to take the right decision. Thank you.

With everything being equal I would by the 12'.  The 4cs forks are good but most suspension tuners don't quite have them figured out yet.  That $1000 you save could go towards a revalve and your first top end...easily

The 2015's will be on dealer floors within a month, so if youre looking for a deal on a 14 you might be able to fine one.

hmm, really?  It seems like the 2014s just showed up a few months ago?  Maybe I've been alseep?  heh.  The hold-over 2013 I've had my eye on just left the dealer less than a month ago.  I hope you are right, would like to get a sweet deal on a 2014!

hmm, really?  It seems like the 2014s just showed up a few months ago?  Maybe I've been alseep?  heh.  The hold-over 2013 I've had my eye on just left the dealer less than a month ago.  I hope you are right, would like to get a sweet deal on a 2014!

The 2015's are already available for purchase in Europe. There's plenty of threads with photos of the new 250sxf.