Thinking of getting 09 450x or 15 450r

Hi guys as the title says. I'm currently on a 13 250r and it's done 50 hours. Anyway I'm wanting to upgrade to a 450 as they are better suited to where I ride. My local shop has quoted me around 5 grand for my bike ( I'm in Australia btw) I'm considering a 450r 15 as I love a light bike. However I like the benifits of Rego and the bigger fuel tank etc as I do trail and dune riding mainly and the occasional stint down the road. The reason I'm look on at an 09 x is because one is for sale 5900 neg and only has 1490km on it ( owner is going to check the exact hours when he gets home. My dad currently has an 07 x and I find it not heavy but it doesn't seem easy to get it to turn quickly like my 250 does ( I don't expect It to be as good as my 250) but I know they changed the triple clamp offset in 08 or 09 and I was wondering does this make the bike turn or Handel much differently/better? And the other thing was mud ssd bike seems to have harsh forks which like to spring back at you when your riding over rocks. Are they all like that or does dads bike just need a suspention service? The shock seems fine just I don't like the forks. I hope you can understand what trying to ask and if you want moreinfo about anything just ask also the 09 has been rejetted and has an fmf Q4 muffler on it.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401248114.361897.jpg

I've got an '07 450X and an '06 450R. I bought the R brand new and would LOVE to have a '15. As fun as the X is, it's no R. The nimble and thrashability of the R is going to tickle you like nothing else. The Rego of the X is what attracted me, but you give up something to get something else. That's life.

RZ Rob

Thanks krannie! So you had experience with both? A pushing barge does well explain the handeling of dads bike. I wish I could ride one with the 22 triple clamps before I buy one so I know I'm happy with it. Any ideas?

Pull the forks up in the triples about 10mm and see if it turns better...if it does, then the 22's will be the answer.

Sag setting should also be checked as well as the front tire.

It has a near new tyre and have tried all sorts of pressures. What's a reccomended sag ?

Not just new, but a GOOD front tire. Something like a Dunlop MX71/MX51, Pirelli FIM Scorpion Pro, or my favorite the Kenda Millville II.

The OEM Dunlop D742FA is the WORST front tire ever made.

A good place to start on sag is 100mm...95-98mm if you want better turning, 102mm for high speed stability.