Sign in to follow this  

looking for bar upgrade for 2014 YZ250F

which bars are you guys running?  I was looking at the Renthal 997s as Im looking for a higher bar, but I am curious what you guys are running.

922's here. A bit high with my Fastway pegs set in the low setting but I am an old Cunzor and it helps with lower back pain lol

997's would be about right if your not too tall.

922's here. A bit high with my Fastway pegs set in the low setting but I am an old Cunzor and it helps with lower back pain lol

997's would be about right if your not too tall.

Im 6'0 and I dont like the bar height currently....not comfortable when standing.  Maybe the 922s would be a better choice for me.

With stock bar, 1" bar riser from a guy in FL on ebay does wonders.

Otherwise, adapters with 1 1/8" Protaper Carmichael bend works pretty well too.

Any pictures?  Which one on ebay did you go with?

I had the stock tapers on and had a set of flexx bars and love them so far

which risers are you running?  Which flexx bars?  

Not sure of risers there black and were on the bike with pro tapers. But my fasst flexx bars are the mx ones and 14 degree bend not sure on bend really.

Im 6'0 and I dont like the bar height currently....not comfortable when standing.  Maybe the 922s would be a better choice for me.

Bars are a personal thing, I ran the 922's with the stock pegs and they were about right for me- I am 5'10. I fitted the fastway pegs in the low position to sort out the peg to gear lever ergos. If you have back issues OR like to spend a lot of time standing then IMO tall bars are the go. I generally try and duplicate the ergos of my adventure bike as I spend 99% of my time standing on adventure rides. Another benefit of high bars is it makes getting over the back / adjusting balance a lot easier as well eg: whoops etc

Bar risers for 1" bars.  I used this on my 03 YZ250F.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-HandleBar-Risers-XT225-XT350-XT500-TT225-TW200-A-/220618323262?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item335de0753e#ht_310wt_775

2004 525MXC KTM 04 525 MXC Pro Taper 1 1/8" handle bar

I chose this bar because it is flater, has less sweep or is straighter in the wrist area, and has rise vs low.

I look for 52 or 53 sweep, its straighter.  I used this on 05 Wr250F since I sit down more on it.

http://www.protaper.com/products/handlebars/contour

Edited by ronbuell