Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know the stock spring for 05' EXC 400?

Do any of you still have the original rear spring for this bike and can tell me what the model number is on it please? I believe the suspension used was WP.

Thanks!

Part no #91210001 - 91210005 depending on spring rate/length.  Stock should be a 80/250 rate.  Thats what mine was, but I switched to a progressive spring from factory connection which is highly recommended.

You should be buying a spring suited to your weight, not just the original spring.

Part no #91210001 - 91210005 depending on spring rate/length.  Stock should be a 80/250 rate.  Thats what mine was, but I switched to a progressive spring from factory connection which is highly recommended.

Thank you for your response. Mine said 88-250 which sounds right because the guy who had it before me said he changed it for his weight. He was heavier than I. The manual made it seem like 88-250 was stock but that would contradict what the previous owner had said. I'm thinking stock is 80-250 like you are saying.

You should be buying a spring suited to your weight, not just the original spring.

You are right. I am 150 without gear. The current spring, 88-250, does not feel right to me. I can not set the sag right. Just needed to know if that was the stock spring.

Stock was a 8.0.

The 8.8 will be to stiff.

Shoot for 5-6 mm preload .. 38-40 free sag and 115-118 loaded sag.

An 8.0 would be good.

Thank you! I'll look into it. I might go ahead and have the suspension worked on at a pro shop. Bike is a little tall for me and not sure enough sag would even help.