Sign in to follow this  

Anyone running lowered foot pegs for a taller rider?

Asking for my buddy who has a 2012 500EXC and looking for a set of lowering foot pegs. I found a set for $245 but seeing if there is another set or if any of you guys have good or bad reviews about them?

using Fastways here, close to 6'4" tall with bum ankle in a size13 boot is why I lowered for better shifting. the bonus was standing as the bars are a bit higher now in relation to pegs. Your pegs seem pricey, anodized i assume, checkout Fastways- big foot platform, screw cleats n half the price of the other i bet.

• Like 2

There are lots of brands .. and for half or less of that price.  Try system rigg , moose racing .. just google ktm offset rear pegs. I like the system rigg rear offsett pegs. I have them on my Beta 525 (same as ktm) and they are strong and work very well. I have a set of moose racing offsett rear that I have for my Beta 300 that I didn't put on yet too. I'm 6'1" with 13 feet and extra long monkey arms. the rear offset pegs work good for me.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/mxa-team-tested-system-rig-shark-bite-footpegs4

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Hi I'm new here and thinking about getting a rcx400. (sold my last bike after a bad car wreck)  Should I think about getting lowed pegs?  I'm big(6'6"-300lbs size 14 boot) is a 400 enough bike for me?  I will mostly just ride easy trails as my back and shoulders are fubar.

Edited by nk14zp

Hi I'm new here and thinking about getting a rcx400. (sold my last bike after a bad car wreck)  Should I think about getting lowed pegs?  I'm big(6'6"-300lbs size 14 boot) is a 400 enough bike for me?  I will mostly just ride easy trails as my back and shoulders are fubar.

Yes and Yes and a tall seat foam and bar risers.

Bruce

• Like 1