Sign in to follow this  

my 97 project update

So i got a motor from a guy that had a 98. Came with carb, radiators, gas tank, pipe, ect. it originally needed a top end but when i pulled off the jug, the crank was able to hit side to side on the case, so i'm pretty sure i need a new bottom as well. it's also missing the drain plug and the bike needs many random bolts, hose clamps, ect. i'm on the line of dropping the whole thing cause i leave july 21st for the marines and not sure if it's worth the trouble. so far i'm $335 into it.. oh btw, he included the piston for the rebuild but i'm wondering if he didn't really know that it needed to be rebuilt. like if the carb jetting was just off or something. someone give me some sympathy with this situation

Edited by Cardone

Concentrate on your service.  the bike will be here, well, there>.  a back up plan is to see if you can get some of your $$ off ebay.  You are going to be way to busy to work on a bike soon anyway.

Thank you for serving.  Some of still support the troops and what they do.  God help you if you need the VA though.

Concentrate on your service.  the bike will be here, well, there>.  a back up plan is to see if you can get some of your $$ off ebay.  You are going to be way to busy to work on a bike soon anyway.

Thank you for serving.  Some of still support the troops and what they do.  God help you if you need the VA though.

Yeah a few were telling me to put it to the side for a while. Thanks!

Concentrate on your service. the bike will be here, well, there>. a back up plan is to see if you can get some of your $$ off ebay. You are going to be way to busy to work on a bike soon anyway.

Thank you for serving. Some of still support the troops and what they do. God help you if you need the VA though.

I think this opinion is the best one.

Thank you for your service. Im planning on enlisting in a few years. What are you going in for if you dont mind my asking?

• Like 1

Bump

What spark arrestor should i get? the guy didn't include it when he sold me the motor. i'm lookin for bottom end power

Go with someone's shorty PC and FMF make one.  Then again, you can save some coin and make your own shorty, just cut down a stocker.  Ebay strikes again.

Go with someone's shorty PC and FMF make one.  Then again, you can save some coin and make your own shorty, just cut down a stocker.  Ebay strikes again.

I heard the turbinecore 2 did outstanding with torque