Sign in to follow this  

Is this a Good Deal on FMF Spark Arrestor?

We discussed that a while back just WHY you see these insane prices for things.  I don't think anyone offered a definitive answer.  

Edited by motoxvet
  • Like 1

It's not like they're trying to accidentally catch someone clicking accidently because you have at least 2 more chances to cancel a sale.  I think they're hoping that drunks are on their computers.

I sent a message asking if they would sell the SA for $2,000 each if I buy 10 of them.

I also asked if they would take $7,500 for the flywheel.

• Like 1

And, I just received this prompt reply:

No. That is are default price when there is something is wrong with the ad. It is our failsafe. We don't want anyone to buy it at this price. Once the ad is corrected the price will be fixed.

I mailed them about that just out of curiosity, they said its backordered for a month and rather than relist it, they raised the price so nobody buys a backordered part.

I also ran into an answer elsewhere that said they sometimes do it to attract attention. No such thing as bad publicity i guess.

It's not like they're trying to accidentally catch someone clicking accidently because you have at least 2 more chances to cancel a sale. I think they're hoping that drunks are on their computers.

Unfortunately I'm one of those that drink and eBay. I just placed a bid of $4,545.00 when I meant $45.45. I'm sure the price won't go that high but I'm still concerned...then sometimes I order things and forget that I did, when they arrive it's kinda like a Christmas present I really wanted
  • Like 1

Billy- I am still waiting for payment on those Ultra-Pink high performance Power Bands your ordered.  $69.99 plus $11 shipping.

• Like 1

Billy- I am still waiting for payment on those Ultra-Pink high performance Power Bands your ordered. $69.99 plus $11 shipping.

Sorry, will you accept a out of state bad check? Haha
  • Like 1

Apparently, that's the reason... They are out of stock/on back order and don't want anyone ordering these items until they have stock.  Apparently, it's easier than reposting another ad on ebay?  I've never sold anything on ebay so I don't know the details of it all.

• Like 1

Apparently, that's the reason... They are out of stock/on back order and don't want anyone ordering these items until they have stock.  Apparently, it's easier than reposting another ad on ebay?  I've never sold anything on ebay so I don't know the details of it all.

I sell all my old bike parts on there, even brake pads  :lol:  Sold 2 cylinders last week 50 bucks each. If you just say what's wrong with it honestly, people will still buy it. I sell a lot of stuff to young guys just starting out in their own home and stuff that will buy a 50 buck cylinder and re sleeve it rather than paying the 400 for a new cylinder. I always just buy a new one .