Sign in to follow this  

Is this a good bike

All Wiseco engine parts, he says?  From what I've been reading, alot of folks in here says the Wiseco crank doesn't hold up too well.

I wouldn't be worried about the weisco crank, that bored cylinder is going to need a new top end every 10-15 hours.

Edited by Bobby_Treen

Just its the same piston type as a 125 two stroke but smeller and a 125 doesnt need replacing that often. Dont understand why piston would need replacing much more if its BIGGER

Just its the same piston type as a 125 two stroke but smeller and a 125 doesnt need replacing that often. Dont understand why piston would need replacing much more if its BIGGER

He has no idea what he's talking about. I have no idea where that myth came from but trust me, I've ran lots of 144's and they last fine. I actually seemed to get longer out of the 144 pistons and when I said that to Eric on the phone, he said his pistons were special ordered with a few changes. (eric-gorr.com).

It's high compression race pistons out of 4 stroke engines that need to be replaced more often. Not bored out 2 strokes... 

• Like 1

Well what do you think of the bike? Every bike has it's problems but for a race bike how is it? Can't find any nice 112s or yz109s around here without the owner thinking there's 5000$ invested into it!! Lmao

Back out, he said its stroked, Idk if anyone else has, and by all means i could be wrong. But i don't think they make strikers for single cylinder 2 strokes

have a hard time believing they have all that motor work done and didn't upgrade the exhaust

Because sometimes, in certain applications the stock pipe is the best pipe. The idea of a 2 stroke aftermarket pipe isn't to add power, they are already optimized for power, the idea is to change the shape of the expansion chamber to alter the power delivery in ways so you can give a bit of power to get some here. In some cases, people prefer the stock. I preferred the stock on my KX however it was very dented so I simply replaced it. 

i don't think they make strikers for single cylinder 2 strokes

Yes they do.

So much misinformation in this thread, it's crazy. Stop asking us and go look at the thing, we can't tell you if it's junk only someone who knows what to look for can. 

Edited by leafsrule16

and by all means i could be wrong.

Yes they do.

So much misinformation in this thread, it's crazy. Stop asking us and go look at the thing, we can't tell you if it's junk only someone who knows what to look for can.

Thanks for selectively quoting to make me look like i was "misinforming"...... appreciated.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/4477912678.html

My bros 150rb isnt getting the speed he needs so let me know if this is a good bike!

Thanks

Where is he not getting the speed he needs on a 150RB -----  :lol:   :lol:

Is something wrong with it?     The little hopped up craigslist Honda may make a bit more power in some areas, but its not going to be a big step up in speed

I also think its a little odd that someone would invest that much in engine work and retain the stock exhaust

Edited by DMC707