Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna returning to Supercross with Rockstar Energy Racing

MURRIETA, Calif. - After a 14-year absence, Husqvarna is returning to Supercross and Pro Motocross racing in 2015. The Rockstar Energy Racing Husqvarna Factory Team will include reigning 250 West Supercross champion Jason Anderson on a Husqvarna FC 450.

052814_AndersonHuskyStatic.jpg

Anderson will be making the transition to the premier 450 class in both Supercross and Pro Motocross. Anderson won the 250 West Supercross championship in 2014 on a Rockstar Energy Racing KTM. Team Manager Dave Gowland is also returning to the team as it transitions to Husqvarna.

“It's definitely cool to be a part of bringing the Husqvarna brand back to Supercross,” Anderson said. “I rode the bike before I signed and I really like it, so that made my decision pretty easy. I'm excited to be racing it and making my debut in the 450 class on a Husky. We have a good program in place, and we know we have the capability to win championships, so I think it's going to be good!”

052814_AndersonHusky.jpg

Husqvarna was an integral part of American motocross in the 1960s. The first and last time the manufacturer fielded a Supercross effort was in 2001.

“With racing as one of the core values of Husqvarna, of course we need to be in the top echelon of our sport,” commented President Jon-Erik Burleson. “This has been one of our major goals from the start, and an important step in elevating Husqvarna back to the leadership technology it once stood for.”

The first race for the new Husqvarna squad will be the Monster Cup in Las Vegas, which will take place in October of 2014.

Media images courtesy of Husqvarna.