Sign in to follow this  

1982 XR500R

I have a 1982 Honda XR500R (pics below/attached) that's in good condition, runs great, newer tires, includes original owners and service manuals.   I'm not the original owner, but it appears to be almost entirely original...  I take it for a ride once or twice a year, and it always fires right up and runs great.   Awesome bike, but I don't have the time to ride anymore, or the space to store it, so I have to sell it but don't know where or how to find the right type of buyer for this bike, and am not sure how much it's worth...   Any suggestions or guidance on where to list if for sale and how much I should ask?   Would really appreciate any suggestions. Thx - John

IMG_2403.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

• Like 1

It's a beast alright!  Boat loads of power.  Really fun to ride.   Just not sure what it's worth, who would be interested in a classic older bike like this and how to reach them...  Any thoughts?

Maybe oldrice.com can help on the price. Nice bike. They have an XL or XL/XR section. Same thing... only different :lol:

Vintage events might be the place to find a buyer.

Thanks.  Is there a site that tells you where and when these vintage events take place?  I'm in the Atlanta, GA area...

Original frame color is tahitian red, looks like a Maier headlight shell, late model low mx bars with almost no rearward sweep. Remove those hideous "buddy pegs"(sign of suspension abuse), and you've got a $600-$800 bike. Get it back to stock and she could easily fetch $1000-$1500, depending on how much effort you put in to originality.

Original frame color is tahitian red, looks like a Maier headlight shell, late model low mx bars with almost no rearward sweep. Remove those hideous "buddy pegs"(sign of suspension abuse), and you've got a $600-$800 bike. Get it back to stock and she could easily fetch $1000-$1500, depending on how much effort you put in to originality.

No way in H*** that's even 1,000 cleaned up.

I've sold clean old XRs/XLs, not that much interest.

Edited by MindBlower

Craigslist start at $1200  and put two key words in the bottom of the listing  " Bobber and Cafe "   :lol:

Edited by BruceD_500

I sold my 82 XL500R for $1,500 last year.  It was very clean with a fresh motor.

100_0895.jpg