Sign in to follow this  

Dynojet kit install and now the bike won't start

I just installed the 2152 Dino jet kit on my 2012 KLX 250s I've got everything back together and now trying to start the bike and it won't start. I checked everything and I looked at the diaphragm and put the hole next to the needle hole towards the motor which I hope is the correct way to do it but I still can't figure it out.

Any advice would be great!

You have gas in the bowl right? Turn the drain screw and make sure fuel comes out. Does it sound like it want to kick over or just keep cranking?

Fuel comes out and it cranks but doesn't try to turn over.

#1 dont panic

#2 Check for spark

If you have spark make sure you have fresh fuel and the mixture screw is not all the way in.

If no spark check all the wiring that might have been disturbed when you removed the tank and carb.

Ok. I caved and took it to the shop. Work is very busy and spending every evening and morning trying to jet a bike it no bueno.

So initially and through my troubles, Dynojet told me to use a 120 main with my setup and the shop noted that was not the right jet, so they went to a 124 main. Also, they noted the pilot screw needed to be drilled out, which is something Dynojet did not tell me.

After those two mods, the bike runs great! The shop noted that Dynojet kits are a really pain for Colorado altitude.

Anyhow, I am really bummed Dynojet gave me bad advice on the main jet...

I am not sure of the differences in my KLX300 vs your KLX250s other than cc's and newer bike but I put a dynojet in my bike as one of the first upgrades performed and it made a significant difference in throttle response regardless of altitude.

It's like a whole different bike isn't it. If you set up the suspension properly you will notice a huge difference in the way it handles.

It really is. Very pleased with the results. It even starts easier than before which is a nice bonus.

Now the rear suspension... I did stiffen the rear, but have not messed with the anything else. Any tips on how to do it properly?

We'll the front springs are set for a 140lb rider way too soft. I don't know what you weigh but I added 46 springs to the front.

I too live in CO. I ended up going with a 120 jet, and the needle at its lowest setting. I have to burp the throttle a bit when I let the choke out, but aside from that, it purrs like a kitten.

Interesting... Dynojet Told me to use DJ120, needle clipped on the 3rd from the top and 3 turns out on fuel mixture.

The G-Force went to a DJ124, needle clipped on the 3rd from the top and three turns out on fuel mixture and drilled out the starter one size larger. The bike runs amazeballs and starts like a champ. Not sure if you want the headache of changing yours, but hope this is some info you can keep in mind.

Also these settings are for riding around 6,000-9,000 feet.