Sign in to follow this  

Hauling my 250f

Ok so im looking for a easier way to haul my 250f. I really like the risk racing lock n load system but not sure if I wanna drill into my 12 hemi ram bed. Just want to know your guys thoughts on it and how you haul in your bed. Just two straps and a fork saver or how?

I do two pro taper straps on the handle bars in my 14 ram.  I would like to do a different setup also but at the moment this is the best setup I have.

"...............not sure if I wanna drill into my 12 hemi ram bed"

Dude,.........Its a truck.......... what is it for.............haulin...... Get Over It.

Put some I-bolts in the bed, 2 for each bike, and go.

The 250 is tall, so get a full width ramp so you can walk up with the bike.

Otherwise, get one of those carriers that plugs into the 2" square hitch.  They work great.

http://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-receiver-mount-motorcycle-carrier-99721.html

eyebolt.JPG

• Like 3

Dude,.........Its a truck.......... what is it for.............haulin...... Get Over It.

Otherwise, get one of those carriers that plugs into the 2" square hitch.  They work great.

http://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-receiver-mount-motorcycle-carrier-99721.html

Have you considered he has a lease and maybe that is why he doesnt want to put holes in the bed?  Also some people dont like to drill holes in a truck.  Living in the rustbelt in Penn and MI I can vouch for any drilled holes just introduces rust very quickly.  My 14 ram is a lease so no holes will be put in it.

Im in pa didnt really wanna drill but ur right as long as I prep the holes to male it so ig donf rust

My 05 Dakota came with tie downs in all 4 corners and a bed liner. 

I can haul 6 bikes.

2 in the bed

1 on the carrier, which I made, which doubles as a hitch extender

3 on the trailer

Maybe we need to request a stickie with best hauling options.

Cam style straps are 1,000 times easier than ratchet style. Soft straps work and spare bars from damage. I also like "carabiner" style hooks for peace of mind.

1) Attach left side strap, leave a bit of slack

2) Attach right side strap, then pull down on right grip/throttle to level bike while tightening strap. 

3) Tie single knot on loose end of both straps to keep from flapping in wind.

DONE.

You don't need to crank it down tight. You don't need fork savers.

It takes me 1 minute to strap bike down after it's in the truck bed.

Take a look at these >> http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/18138/i/bikemaster-carabiner-tie-downs-with-integrated-softhook?WT.ac=SLIsearch

Edited by gatorfan

Otherwise, get one of those carriers that plugs into the 2" square hitch. They work great.

Pavement &%$#@! I tell you.....

• Like 1

Straps do the trick, no fork savers needed. Cam buckle, keep it simple. They've never failed me. Been using my current pair for 7years. I do tie the rear wheel cause the gate is open. But i've gone without it too.

I've actually never heard of the fork savers. Guess you need ratchetting straps in that case. Good invention. You can totally wedge a 2x4 in there instead too..

I like being able to keep my tail gate up so I put the bike in at a 45 degree angle then one strap from each bar to the front corners of the truck bed and then one more from the one handle bar to the back corner of the bed. Super secure and you can keep your tailgate all of the way up.

I use two come alongs in my 19 ram. :p

Really, soft straps, bike master straps with the locking clasp thingies on the hooks. Dont have to reef on it if you dont want, it aint goin no were. When im flyin solo i put it on an angle (in my 5.5' bed) and it works real well that way.

I feel ya on not wanting to drill holes....truck or not.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF