Sign in to follow this  

California Street Bike Ride To Clear Creek On Monday

I wanted to ride Monday so I took an 160 mile round trip on my street bike to Clear Creek on Monday. I got up to the check in point where you pay your fee & sign in but no further. There was no one around & the Admin area was locked up tight. I did not go further in as I didn't want to come across an enforcer and get a hassle & ruin my stress relief. I forgot how narrow & windy the road was & it about got the best of me a couple of times. I have not heard that it was open yet.

photo_zpsd7076014.jpg

photo.JPG

I wanted to ride Monday so I took an 160 mile round trip on my street bike to Clear Creek on Monday. I got up to the check in point where you pay your fee & sign in but no further. There was no one around & the Admin area was locked up tight. I did not go further in as I didn't want to come across an enforcer and get a hassle & ruin my stress relief. I forgot how narrow & windy the road was & it about got the best of me a couple of times. I have not heard that it was open yet.

photo_zpsd7076014.jpg

Cool story... Was it fun? What kind of tires do you run on a street bike? If the place was open would you be able to ride it on a street bike? That would be cool! I wish I had a street bike, I would do a street ride! Do you like to ride on streets? I only ride on a dirt bike, maybe someday I can ride on a street. That would be cool! How far is ClearCreek?

Well I have to go to bed now, thanks for the share!!!

HeyBilly Fun? Yes, the worst day riding is better than the best day at home or working. I have a Suzuki DL650 with Metzler Tourance tyres on it. They are like 80% road & 20% dirt.. You could ride a street bike on the road that runs through the area north/south. There is an old ghost town of New Idria, http://www.new-idria.org/ , back up about 30 miles or so. The road is narrow & rough.

Holy shit Batman...  they needed razor wire on top of a 6 foot fence to keep dirt bikers from scaling the walls to ride illegally...  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Behind the fences, there are tens of Enviros spreading Asbestos along all the trails. Making sure it doesn't reopen. With the newly found cancer causing contamination. They must redo all the previous studies. Eventually tying up Clear Creek for ever.