Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

xr650l rear shock dampener should it have air in it or should it be 0 lbs like the front shocks

unless you know what you are doing - LEAVE IT ALONE ..... and having had to ask the question, you don't know what you are doing

• Like 1

If you depressed schrader valve, youv'e probably released too much. Very litte volume & much pressure, approx 150-200lbs. If you already did press, call around & get it recharged.

Reduceus 

Sorry.

Edited by libertyk9

Actually it is the reservoir.

The high pressure nitrogen in that reservoir helps keep the shock fluid from getting a bunch of bubbles in it, which would make it stop working properly as a damper.  You definitely want that under high pressure.

The forks are different with significantly more travel and a lot more fluid in them.  Adding air is a way to firm them up a bit when needed.

As already mentioned, leave the shock alone.

• Like 1

I took the BRP to Bryce who runs IRS/ Independent Race Shop in San luis obispo and he recharged it for me everything is great. 

I have had Bryce do work for me before he is always busy and i know why because when it comes to suspensions he is very good and knowledgeable

so if you ever have issues with your motorcycle suspension or you want to change things he is the man to see. 

If you are ever in the area give him a shout..

LibertyK9 - no need to be sorry and very pleased it is now sorted ..... now get out, ride and enjoy