Sign in to follow this  

wheel questions- 2008 300 to a 2010sxf450?

I bought some hubs and laced them to hoops bought new rotors and the front one drags on the non floating side of the front caliper. I cant compare to what I had because it was smashed to ratshit could it be so simple of fix as to put some washers between the caliper bracket and caliper?

2010sxf450 parts pics don't show washers maybe the new to me 08 300 hubs I bought arnt 08 maybe the 300 front wheel isn't a direct swap to the 450? maybe I need different spacers?

tough crowd here:

today I tried loosening the caliper and seeing ware it wanted to hang then spinning the wheel and nailing the brake - nothing new it just wants to drag and hangs the same place caliper tight or loose, I blead the brake and nothing changes. its used pads with about 80% left to go located on a new rotor  any body have any ideas?

Sounds like your axle spacers are putting the disc is the wrong place ?

I'm going to pull the caliper and pads and check the pistons are moving freely and no dirt or rocks behind the active pad

mog the wheel spins free when the caliper is not mounted, I found bent pin's on the caliper bracket- the ones that let the caliper free float and a bent brake pad. this is on a bike I bought that had crashed into a tree and broke in half at the triples, I knew their would be hidden damage.