Sign in to follow this  

TM Designworks guide took the finish off my sprocket

Ok so my chain block at the rear finally wore out so I decided to buy the TM Designqworks stuff and see what all the hype is about. I have to say it was a pain getting the bolts to line up in the rear and after one ride my nice black Renthal sprocket is now pretty much silver. Is this normal? Im kinda pissed because it looks like crap now and I regret not buying a new stock block.

Ok so my chain block at the rear finally wore out so I decided to buy the TM Designqworks stuff and see what all the hype is about. I have to say it was a pain getting the bolts to line up in the rear and after one ride my nice black Renthal sprocket is now pretty much silver. Is this normal? Im kinda pissed because it looks like crap now and I regret not buying a new stock block.

on my 09

fit perfectly

does not rub the sprocket.

I agree you either got the wrong part, or put the right part on incorrectly. I'm running one and have no issues with it all. I do agree though that it is a over-hyped product.

I have one on an 09 and an 07, no problems. My sprockets only last a few months any way! :rolleyes:

Everything everyone else said above. I have the TM chain block with a black Mika sprocket and it doesn't rub the block one bit. You have to be really careful ordering the correct block from TM. They have 3 different models, which one did you get? The PN on mine is RCG-CR2 Factory Edition #1.

stock and TM aren't the only choices. I've had good luck with the UFO and Accerbis blocks, and UFO makes it in a cool red color. :ride: