Sign in to follow this  

Help identifying CR80 or 85?

Hey guys! I have a shifter kart with either a cr80r or 85r motor in it, but I can't tell! I have the engine serial, but no VIN as it is on a go kart. Please help me!

he04e-5002276

Look at the bottom of the cylinder........ it will say either way, and I'm no expert but i think there's not really a difference

I don't see anything at the bottom of the cylinder. And it does make a difference when I'm trying to find out what piston kit and rings to buy, since the bore is different.

On the CR80 on the stator side of the cylinder there is a stamp that says 82cm, it is on the intake where the reed block bolts on the cylinder.  On the CR85 there is a stamp in the same place that says 85cm.

Mine says 83 and then below a 79 and says something else next to it. I wish I had the VIN.

Mine says 83 and then below a 79 and says something else next to it. I wish I had the VIN.

It most likely read 79cc witch is a 80 but you still don't know what P O did to the bike they could have had it bore and a bigger piston so measuring is best

It most likely read 79cc witch is a 80 but you still don't know what P O did to the bike they could have had it bore and a bigger piston so measuring is best

Most CR 80's were larger than 80 cc. The 85's were barely any bigger.