Sign in to follow this  

husky clutch problem

i have a 2014 husqvarna te300 and am new to the hydraulic clutch. My problem is that when I put my bike in gear with the clutch lever all the way in to the bar my bike pulls forward a little and sometimes dies. I researched a little and found that you have to back bleed the system to get air out  and this might solve the problem. The bike has only 19 hours and has had a slight idle change when shifted into gear but it has gotten worse and started pulling forward so i am going to try the backwards bleed method and see if this works. Is anyone else having similar issues with their ktm or husky. They have the same clutch i think.

I have a 2014 TXC250R 4 stoke with the same problem and only 15 easy hours on the bike! And I've changed the oil every 5 hours so far!  My clutch problem is getting worse the more I ride it! I noticed oil around the slave cylinder so I check to see if the bolts are tight and they are. I'm not loosing brake fluid so it has to be motor oil. So I back bled the system and I still have the same problem. So then I took the slave cylinder off it seems to be working fine. I guess the next step is to check the clutch disc and basket. I do know my bike has a Brembo master and slave cylinder that seem to be working fine.

I dont know if it should, but I cannot push in the pin manually that the slave cylinder pushes. I tried pushing the pin in with the slave cylinder off, and the bike off, and in gear, using the end of a 1/2 inch ratchet for leverage. Should I be able to push that pin in manually? Anyone been through this yet on a 2014 Husky?

I just presser bled the system and there was no air. I was able to push the pin in that the slave cylinder pushes on, it was not hard to push on.

I pulled the clutch cover off and the pressure plate is moving when I squeeze the clutch. Mine is out of warranty but I called 3 dealers and they never heard of such problem on a 2014 and they say air in the line but I know I dont have air in the line. I think the steel clutch plates may be warped or something?

I was taking to a Husky dealer last weekend about these bikes and he said the only problems they have had so far with them is some display the above symtoms ,

He said they had to change the clutch belleville spring (think thats what its called) Not sure if they had some faulty items but it fixes the problem.

On CafeHusky there is also a thread about this problem and they say the same thing, I tried to put the link here but it wont come over for some strange reason!

Maybe worth a look.

Hope you get it sorted :thumbsup:

They make a heavy duty bellville washer... I put one in my 13 xc and seems to help.. Also you can adjust your clutch to accommodate for wear of your pressure plates .. X Y Z setting on your spring plate...