Sign in to follow this  

Replacing throttle cable, oil change.

Hey everyone, just got my throttle cable in for my 2007 KX250F and was wondering how to replace it? I'm assuming it should be easy but I've never done one before. Also wondering the same for an oil change on the bike, this is my first one on this bike and was wondering if there's more than one spot to drain and such? Also what does everyone run for oil? I heard 10W40, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada if that makes a difference. Is it worth it to spend extra on synthetic or other brands? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone, just got my throttle cable in for my 2007 KX250F and was wondering how to replace it? I'm assuming it should be easy but I've never done one before. Also wondering the same for an oil change on the bike, this is my first one on this bike and was wondering if there's more than one spot to drain and such? Also what does everyone run for oil? I heard 10W40, I live in Saskatchewan, Canada if that makes a difference. Is it worth it to spend extra on synthetic or other brands? Thanks in advance.

throttle cables are really easy and straight forward. One 14mm drain bolt underneath. I've run Delo400 for years no issues. Others prefer shell Rotella which also is good. Yes they are diesel oils but are some of the best oils made.

throttle cables are really easy and straight forward. One 14mm drain bolt underneath. I've run Delo400 for years no issues. Others prefer shell Rotella which also is good. Yes they are diesel oils but are some of the best oils made.

Okay thanks! Should I run synthetic or will that cause problems? Also is there other oils to change? Like clutch and gears or is it all together? Sorry for all the questions this is just my first four stroke lol.

Okay thanks! Should I run synthetic or will that cause problems? Also is there other oils to change? Like clutch and gears or is it all together? Sorry for all the questions this is just my first four stroke lol.

engine, clutch ect all share the same oil. That's why I prefer not to run synthetic over my clutch. Same reason I change oil every ride is to keep nasty clutch oil outta my engine

Use a 10W-40 designed specifically for wet clutch (motorcycle) use, or Rotella.  Just nothing "energy conserving" because your clutch won't work right.  As for the cable, it should be routed correctly.  Last thing you want is any binding when you turn the bars.  

• Like 1