Sign in to follow this  

Motocross THUNDER VALLEY NATIONAL

My son and I are going to our first national race, Thunder valley round. Is it ok to bring a cooler with snacks and drinks?

It maybe a rumor but, I heard he joined the Foreign Legion.  Make us proud Doshi

• Like 1

My son and I are going to our first national race, Thunder valley round. Is it ok to bring a cooler with snacks and drinks?

Yep, Just no glass containers.  :ride:

It maybe a rumor but, I heard he joined the Foreign Legion.  Make us proud Doshi

I heard similar except the version I heard was that JS is investigating him as some sort of foreign lesion.  :excuseme:

• Like 6

Cooler fine at TV, just know it is on the side of a huge hill, best places to watch are up on the hill but the start gate is at the bottom.

• Like 1

Cooler fine at TV, just know it is on the side of a huge hill, best places to watch are up on the hill but the start gate is at the bottom.

So maybe backpack instead?

So maybe backpack instead?

Backpack, cooler with wheels, or seen a few there pulling a wagon, whatever works for you. Just know that if it's heavy at all, it's a long hike up the hill.

If it were me I would do a backpack, it is a good place to walk around but a lot of elevation changes. There are some really cool places to watch from so you'll want to walk around a bit.

But you can get a turkey leg there lol

• Like 1

Nice!  Don't forget your lawn chairs (or be totally mobile and plan to sit in the dirt). And maybe a jacket in the event of a passing thunderstorm...and sunscreen. We don't bother with a cooler and bite the bullet on the concessions at the race. 

When we first started going, we got pit passes so we could get up close to the racers, bikes, and mechanics...at least in the morning. Its kinda cool if you're into that, but now I'd rather watch practice and qualifying.

If you're in town Friday night, Sun (in Thornton) usually has an autograph session with alot of riders and a raffle of some sort.  It gets packed.  Often Fay Myers has a smaller group of riders. I dunno whats on tap this year.

• Like 1

I heard similar except the version I heard was that JS is investigating him as some sort of foreign lesion.  :excuseme:

bump ............. incase anybody missed this :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2

Yes bring all your own food and drinks so you don't have to give any extra profit to the cheap ass owner of the track. He screws everybody he can from what I hear and I know people that live in Denver and would not pay a cent to that track or go to that race. Don't let that stop you from having fun but I'm glad your bringing your own stuff.

Yes bring all your own food and drinks so you don't have to give any extra profit to the cheap ass owner of the track. He screws everybody he can from what I hear and I know people that live in Denver and would not pay a cent to that track or go to that race. Don't let that stop you from having fun but I'm glad your bringing your own stuff.

Screws how so? Son rode there all the time and never heard that before. Not saying it isn't true, but without supporting facts, it's irresponsible to spread that kind of rumor. Still, if I had a Nat in my back yard, I'd sure be there regardless of how I felt about the track owner. You think the track owner will feel the pinch of a dozen or so disgruntled fans not showing up? Not hardly!

I went last year with my son. We brought a wagon with a cooler and two foldable chairs strapped to it. Make sure you strap it. They didn't search my cooler, but had a 12 pack hidden in the bottom incase. Only thing I would have done different is bring a beach umbrella.

Living in the south now so will be going to muddy creek next month

I went last year with my son. We brought a wagon with a cooler and two foldable chairs strapped to it. Make sure you strap it. They didn't search my cooler, but had a 12 pack hidden in the bottom incase. Only thing I would have done different is bring a beach umbrella.

It is a great race and I don't mind supporting it. The owner, well I have never heard those bad things, he always has a great track prepped and even when I was dealing with injuries he had some great advice for me and took the time to speak to me about what was going on. In addition he fought for many years at personal expense to get that race here, I think it took him like 6-10 years to get it done and now we have a premier race in Colorado. I say good job!

sure glad we have this race otherwise its just the normal sports scene for us, well we have endurocross also if you like sitting at the national western complex and getting asphyxiated. LOL :)

• Like 2

Went to the inaugural last year. IMO, up top over by the "Bomber" is best place for viewing. Can actually see much of track from several different spots though. Get there early to get a prime spot in some shade or take an umbrella. 

We are going EARLY with  some snacks and drinks ( camelbacks), probably get a burger or something hang in the pits find some hot chicks to oogle at!

Screws how so? Son rode there all the time and never heard that before. Not saying it isn't true, but without supporting facts, it's irresponsible to spread that kind of rumor. Still, if I had a Nat in my back yard, I'd sure be there regardless of how I felt about the track owner. You think the track owner will feel the pinch of a dozen or so disgruntled fans not showing up? Not hardly!

This is the internet dude and I don't need "supporting facts" to say what I want but will say I know contractors that did work for him at the track and did not get paid. These weren't half ass contractors but professional men doing a professional job. One also happens to be a long time riding buddy/racer and his stories about him did not stop there. I'll take it as fact that the dude is a shyster and was delighted to here the OP is keeping his green in his pocket and not further lining the pockets of a greedy asshat. It looked like a cool track from the interstate but in the 5 years that I lived there I could not get a single rider to go ride it with me or see a race. No locals I rode with could stand the owner enough to even consider riding a practice day. Odd and may sound sketchy but that's my experience in the 5 or 6 years that I lived nearby. It was like the track did not exist.

Edited by Stumpalump

This is the internet dude and I don't need "supporting facts" to say what I want but will say I know contractors that did work for him at the track and did not get paid. These weren't half ass contractors but professional men doing a professional job. One also happens to be a long time riding buddy/racer and his stories about him did not stop there. I'll take it as fact that the dude is a shyster and was delighted to here the OP is keeping his green in his pocket and not further lining the pockets of a greedy asshat. It looked like a cool track from the interstate but in the 5 years that I lived there I could not get a single rider to go ride it with me or see a race. No locals I rode with could stand the owner enough to even consider riding a practice day. Odd and may sound sketchy but that's my experience in the 5 or 6 years that I lived nearby. It was like the track did not exist.

Let me guess your favorite track was Watkins.

• Like 2