Sign in to follow this  

SFF fork spring

Hello folks..

Trying to get a consensus about fork springs for my '14 RMZ440.. Being told different things by different shops.. I'm 210lbs and ride novice. Do I need springs for the front if I revalve?

Thank you REIDY 171.. Appreciate that. I keep getting different stories from different shops.. By chance did they give you any info regarding the valving? I planned on getting the gold valves and using the recommended shim stacks from Racetech.

No info on the valving. I only talked to him for a minute or two because he was busy. He did give me his card and said to call him during the week but i hav'nt had the chance yet. I can find the card when i get home and send you his number if you would like.

I'm an A rider and weight around 215 with no gear and factory connection left the stock fork spring in my SFF forks. They went up some on the rates in the rear, though. I had the bike set up for a mix of mx and offroad. Much like a GNCC set up.

Thanks fellas.. Definitely gonna have to revalve.. I'm more than likely not changing the fork spring. One shop tells me I need stiffer spring, another says I need softer and others that I don't need one. Now looking at changing out the rear spring. Thanks again.