Sign in to follow this  

First "No Footer"

So a couple days ago me and my buddy were fooling around on the bikes and he told me to hit this massive jump, I went at it 4th gear pinned ended up gapping the landing ramp and almost ate it. So I tried again in 3rd and I was a little more ballsy so I went for a seat bounce and ended up doing a no footer! It was an insane rush of adrenalin! Has anyone ever done this before?

>.

So a couple days ago me and my buddy were fooling around on the bikes and he told me to hit this massive jump, I went at it 4th gear pinned ended up gapping the landing ramp and almost ate it. So I tried again in 3rd and I was a little more ballsy so I went for a seat bounce and ended up doing a no footer! It was an insane rush of adrenalin! Has anyone ever done this before?

>.

The last big jump I did was in high school, landed on my head and put myself in a coma.  So I guess I've done this, just not successfully!

• Like 4

The last big jump I did was in high school, landed on my head and put myself in a coma. So I guess I've done this, just not successfully!

It was kinda like a superman... I panicked reved so bad

>.

• Like 1

Back in the day when I was younger.I was a  big kid (6'5") on a clapped out yz125. Seemed every time I'd hit a jump face my feet would slide off the pegs and I'd do a superman or a nac nac but not on purpose :) Landed most but was never fun. Maybe that's why I don't jump anymore....

Back in the day when I was younger.I was a big kid (6'5") on a clapped out yz125. Seemed every time I'd hit a jump face my feet would slide off the pegs and I'd do a superman or a nac nac but not on purpose :) Landed most but was never fun. Maybe that's why I don't jump anymore....

That's why you have to squeeze the bike with your legs...

• Like 4

Once upon a time, when I was younger, I used to do all the crazy I could on my CR 80.  I had McGrath as a role model....  Tough to beat free riding out in the Oregon desert.  

Once upon a time, when I was younger, I used to do all the crazy I could on my CR 80. I had McGrath as a role model.... Tough to beat free riding out in the Oregon desert.

We used to ride Christmas Valley Dunes when I was a kid, the sand out there is a silt pit!

Where is there to ride in the OR desert?? People don't realize 2/3 of that state is desolate country. Nothing much out there but ranchers and meth labs!

Moved to tx and I met the old newspaper editor from Burns, OR. You mighta known him?? Lol small but big country out there.

Back in the day with 4 in of suspension each and every one of us did the so called tricks of today. The difference was we weren't attempting to do them.

• Like 4

I did a "no biker" once when I hit powerband on my 125 right at the end of a jump's face and it went vertical. Tried holding on the bars, didn't work.

Thank god the bike just landed on the rear tire and went back to "normal", with no rider, and coasted into a bush, still upright. I've had so many close calls that could've ended in my bike or I getting wrecked.

Anyone else have any really close near misses?

• Like 2

The last big jump I did was in high school, landed on my head and put myself in a coma.  So I guess I've done this, just not successfully!

I was going to say the same thing , hit a whoop section a couple months ago riding with my son, guess i wasn't ready for it cause my face was across the bar pad and ass in the air .  :lol: " Ok son time to go back to the trail "  :ride:

• Like 4

We used to ride Christmas Valley Dunes when I was a kid, the sand out there is a silt pit!

Where is there to ride in the OR desert?? People don't realize 2/3 of that state is desolate country. Nothing much out there but ranchers and meth labs!

Moved to tx and I met the old newspaper editor from Burns, OR. You mighta known him?? Lol small but big country out there.

We had a ranch in Ft. Rock. So, rode all over the place.

I did a "no biker" once when I hit powerband on my 125 right at the end of a jump's face and it went vertical. Tried holding on the bars, didn't work.

Thank god the bike just landed on the rear tire and went back to "normal", with no rider, and coasted into a bush, still upright. I've had so many close calls that could've ended in my bike or I getting wrecked.

Anyone else have any really close near misses?

I near missed a tree once , but didn't  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

After selling my 85 a few years ago I got a clapped out rm125, my buddy wanted me to jump his yz85 and I was feeling ballsy since I ride a big bad 125, I hammered the thing, landed straight up and I slid off the back, bike went straight into my friends dads old 1970's comaro, ha luckily it only left a black mark from the front tire..

I felt the flow and was just rippen on it. I tried a no footer on a 60ft tabletop. First time i did it perfectly. Second time i missed my peg with one foot. It hurt a little and landed on my bike with my nuts. But didnt stop me to try one more time. I missed a shift on the run-up and was dam near WFO 2nd or 3rd gear i think, so chopped throttle a bit and launched. My ass left the seat 2ft as i tried a no-footer. Panic reved to level out. Didnt crash somehow but smashed my sack hard on landing. I was done for the day. I dont know how i didnt endo in the air. For how bad it was, it could of been alot worse.

I felt the flow and was just rippen on it. I tried a no footer on a 60ft tabletop. First time i did it perfectly. Second time i missed my peg with one foot. It hurt a little and landed on my bike with my nuts. But didnt stop me to try one more time. I missed a shift on the run-up and was dam near WFO 2nd or 3rd gear i think, so chopped throttle a bit and launched. My ass left the seat 2ft as i tried a no-footer. Panic reved to level out. Didnt crash somehow but smashed my sack hard on landing. I was done for the day. I dont know how i didnt endo in the air. For how bad it was, it could of been alot worse.

Everything still work lol?