Rear Suspension Issues.

G'day,.,.,

I was wondering if any of you guys had issues with your rear suspension? I know its pretty soft form the factory but yesterday i noticed a marked increase in the sag.

When pulling the bike out the garage and off the side stand the rear drops about 4 inches. When sitting on it you need to lean it left just to kick the stand out the way.

Then when riding it feels like i have put on 20kgs!! Back drops down but not bottoming out.

Its only 8 months old and has 2500km mostly road and some light trails. DO you reckon its a got a dodgy spring? or has the spring somehow come of its seat.?

Bit concerned as my 50 year old BSA  does not sag like this!!!

cheers for any help.,.,.,

Welcome OZ--have you checked the preload on the shock/spring?? Maybe it came loose and moved down a bit?? Just a thought have not heard of anyone else have a rear suspension problems?? ?:ride: Might check in with positron 007 your both on the same island?

Edited by USMCVietVet

Cheers lads.,., will get some photos up when i get home from the brewery.,.,

The pre-load lock rings are half way up (or down) the thread.,.,

not convinced that will be the problem as it didnt get progressivley worse.,.,., it was overnight.,.,., or maybe that pie i ate added 20kgs!!!

• Like 1

My stock shock blew out at 1000 miles. The seal failed and it lost all its gas. The symptoms are very similar to what the OP posted, if it's blown the rear will be very bouncy going down the road, Honda covered under warranty no problem. So far so good on the replacement

Edited by Brntrt
  • Like 2

Got it back from Honda,., no leaks., shock is fine,., they reckon my 94kgs and 2800kms has resulted in some sag,., I should have apparently loaded it up when i first got it.,., Wound on some load last night and its back to where it was,., nice and high,.,.,

Learning set up your bike correctly when you first get it!!!

cheers anyway.,., now back to that beer!!!

• Like 4

Got it back from Honda,., no leaks., shock is fine,., they reckon my 94kgs and 2800kms has resulted in some sag,., I should have apparently loaded it up when i first got it.,., Wound on some load last night and its back to where it was,., nice and high,.,.,

Learning set up your bike correctly when you first get it!!!

cheers anyway.,., now back to that beer!!!

Thanks for the update .... we appreciate that ....  :cheers: