Sign in to follow this  

Ram Mount with M8 bolt

I have the ram mount, I use it for my track bike and DRZ, I hate it.

It comes loose and does not hold the Gopro well and caused me to loose one at the track.

I use the handlebar mount.

If you are dead set on one I will sell you a ton of ram mount stuff cheap.

It comes loose and does not hold the Gopro well and caused me to loose one at the track.

well that was my other question but I haven't finished reading through all the mount posts yet...

whats the best mount for a drz?

well that was my other question but I haven't finished reading through all the mount posts yet...

whats the best mount for a drz?

chest mount. drz vibrates too much for good video from a mount 

I use the ram 9mm ball mount on both of my mirror holes. I've had zero issues with the mounts staying put.

I agree with the GoPro mount not being optimal as this mount transfers a lot of vibration to the camera, but in certain situations it works great. I've used software to reduce the jitter with great results. The chest and helmet mounts are better solutions.

The RAM mounts hold my phone and GPS without any issues. I use the RAM x-mount and the garmin etrex mount, and even after multiple falls I've had zero movement.

i use the ram mount ez-off mount, and the ram mount cradle for my garmin nuvi50lm..

works flawless. no plroblems anywhere..stable,no shaking,easy to read.

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065080045050055052045049085/Default.aspx

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045072079076045071065053048085/Default.aspx

CAM005561_zps31c8b0e9.jpeg

Edited by 707LAKE

Ram makes a ball mount that has threads to replace one of the upper bar clamp bolts. For me this was a perfect solution to getting the bars de-cluttered and getting the GPS moved more to the center line of the bike and a bit more protected.  :ride:

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-motorcycle-handlebar-clamp-ram-b-367u.html

I ended up going to the hardware store for a stainless bolt as that was my preference

Edited by ROMAD

What are you using now, did you find a good handlebar mount? I was thinking about the ram mount for my phone

I have a ram mount and xgrip for my phone and love it! I also use the threaded ball mount for my drift and it works great! Mine is attached via a metal loop that secures it tightly to the bars!! I would highly recommend ram mounts but just choose the right mounts and adaptors for your situation though!

• Like 1

I've for RAM mounts on my Deezer and both R1s and I've never had an issue with them coming loose at all. Great mounts.

• Like 1

What are you using now, did you find a good handlebar mount? I was thinking about the ram mount for my phone

For the DRZ I now use a stick on gopro mount on the top of my helmet.

On my track bike I use a moto d mount on the triples for my gopro and lap timer.

I should have been more specific, the ram mount works fine for phones and GPS, it does not work so great for using a gopro.

• Like 1

I got a Ram-Mount X-Grip with the handlebar clamp rubber ball adapter (M8).  Its very sturdy, high-quality and keeps up phone in place… what else do you need.

IMG_0670.jpg

• Like 1