Sign in to follow this  

Hinson clutch actuator

Can anyone tell me how to install the clutch actuator arm. Do I just pull the clutch rod and drop it in?

Clutch inspection cover Off, pressure plate Off, push rod out hole (or pulled out 1/2 inch or so), then remove the clutch arm, replace with Hinson, re fit push rod etc etc. The push rod, holds the arm in place.

Can anyone tell me how to install the clutch actuator arm. Do I just pull the clutch rod and drop it in?

Did you get the kit that re routes the cable? if so let me know how it works

i got it all done last night, not sure i got the cable routed correctly. I got this kit off ebay use for 75.00 and it didnt have directions. If i lay the cable more horizontal coming out of the case bracket it gets too close to the header and if i point it more upwards it seams like a funky route. I'll let you know.

Yeah post them up please I been thinking about this kit

I have this on my 13 crf450. I can take some pics tonight for you on the cable routing. It made a big difference on the clutch pull for me.

Post them if you can... I'm still trying to figure out the best route for the cable.

Post them if you can... I'm still trying to figure out the best route for the cable.

Interested to hear if the hinson kit makes the lever easier to pull. Im flipping a coin between the crfstuff kit and hinson..

The CRFstuff kit will definitely make the lever easier to pull. Clutch engagement will be slower but thats not a biggie. The Hinson kit reroutes the cable back to where it was on the 02-08 bike (which made sense) and wil also make the pull easier because they dont bend the shit out of the cable. Dunno if the arm is any longer than the stock one. Remember, when you mess with that clutch arm, your clutch lever and purch kinda need to match. Id assume Hinson got that part right. They rarely F up.  Sorta like mating the rights size master cylinder to the caliper size.

The Hinson arm is actually the same length if not a touch smaller. I mounted it up and the lever pull in my garage didn't feel as good as the stock setup but my stock setup is on a brand new bike and the Hinson one was purchased used off ebay. The cable is probably the issue, I,m going to order a brand new cable for it.

If you use the wrong lube on the cables, I believe it can destroy the lining on the inside of the cable housing. Buddy of mine used half a can of PB blast on his 05 crf250 cable and destroyed it.

The action on the lever with the Hinson arm on did feel shorter sitting on the bike in my garage, but I could tell the cable had more drag than my stock brand new one did. I know this because I put the stock setup back on afterwards to compare.

I have the crf stuff extender on my '13. pull is only a touch easier, I use lubricating oil every month on my stock clutch cable..don't expect miracles as far as pull goes. I also have the works connection clutch lever on mine- the one you can build with whatever colors you want. very tough but really expensive. might be called the pro elite...

a buddy of mine has the fold out of the way clutch lever..not the asv brand and his clutch pull is easier. I would have to text him to see what brand.

I had hinson arm as well ,didn't feel any better than stock, went back to stock with asv c6 lever & perch much better (easy) pull. New cable makes a big diff as well.

I had hinson arm as well ,didn't feel any better than stock, went back to stock with asv c6 lever & perch much better (easy) pull. New cable makes a big diff as well.

Yeah I thought a new cable would help for the Hinson setup, I was wrong. I just ordered a new 08 clutch cable and installed it last night. The stock setup felt better sitting in my garage, so I took it off again and put the stock setup back on. I would not recommend the Hinson actuator arm.