Sign in to follow this  

1990 dr 350 with je 440 big bore kit god awful noise on clutch side cant figure out!

so i took it all apart sheck crank slop nothing found out it had a je 440 big bore kit in it theres no top end noise all coming from low end its not a knock bearings felt fine i put all back together and it still make the same sound idk what it is pull clutch in and it doesnt make sound go away almost sound like something like the oil pump is gone but i have flow its terrible i dont even wanna ride it any help would be great

I had one that made a knocking noise due to wear in the clutch shaft bushings. That resulted in excess clearance between the clutch basket gear and crankshaft gear. It made a kind of a clattering noise under a light throttle which sounded a lot like piston slap but wasn't.

i pulled the basket off and found the my kick gear was all chowed up im wondering if the motor running and the idle gear running across a lunched gear has something to do with it i grabbed the shaft for clutch basket and there  no play idk makes no sense i pulled plug and took a drill with a socket and spun the motor by flywheel with clutch basket off and didnt hear a peep from it

the noise is a constant from idle and into rpms just sound terrible ive had about 5 of these bike and i found this one with a ton  of work already done to it