Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Michigan trail riding this weekend?

Anybody headed up riding on Saturday?

I was thinking Denton Creak, Leota, west Higgins Lake, or Missaukee Trails.

Riding by myself right now... been itching to ride the new bike.

Just putting a feeler out there....

Safe Riding...

I'd love to go but don't think I could make it until 5pm on Saturday.  If it was on Sunday, I could make it no problem.  Let me know if you want to go another day.

What's the new bike?

"New to me" Bike. 2010 husky TXC 450.

I may be game for Sunday... will know better tomorrow late afternoon.

June 7th is wife's birthday weekend.

June 14th is mother-in-laws birthday.

June 20th cousin's wedding in Howell.  (will be at Martin MX on Saturday 21st)

That is my month of June.  Not as much time to ride as I thought I would have...

We could try a Wednesday night ride?

My only issue with this is the bike is still in Houghton Lake.  My landlord is being a little unreasonable about getting a shed for me.  (I don't even have storage for my lawnmower or snow blower :banghead: ).  I could take half a day from work if I new 2 weeks ahead of time and the ride would be in the Houghton Lake area.  Other than that, I'd need a whole day off :thumbsup:

Anyone been on the Gladwin trail system?  I haven't been just curious how they rate?

I think I have decided to head up and hit the trails of Leota, Denton Creek, or Gladwin on Saturday.  Weather looks perfect for it.

anybody else headed to the trails on Saturday?

Did Gladwin trail memorial weekend. I won't go back, deep dune like sand thru the whole north loop, sucked. Seen some people in parking area, said south loop is same. Packed it up and left. If you have a quad then your good, but a bike in that light of deep sand is no fun.

• Like 1

Ok,

that makes the decision easy...

Leota or Denton Creek it is... Leaning towards Denton Creak because I haven't rode there and heard it was pretty good for Bikes.

Thanks...

Me and 4 buddies are gonna be heading out to Frederic Loop and maybe one more Sat. I like SINGLE track, but these dont look TOO wide open far as i can tell in videos. Plus we havent rode a single trail yet this year, so it should still be fun.

PS if you dont like sand, then you're goin to slow in it lol. Jk, but seriously, momentum is the only way to handle those trails. If i have to slow down in the deep sand, its brutal and annoying. However, since most of the trails have deep sand to some extent...I guess it's just part of being a MI trail rider. I happen to like sand, so it doesnt bother me if its all sand or not.

I will be at Evart Sunday the 8th.

I rode Evart last Sunday and maybe it's me and haven't ridden that particular trail enough but it seemed to be more whooped out than my last ride on that trail last year. The eastern side of the loop seemed to be worse than the west. A few whoops are literally bike swallowers, at least 4-5 feet deep. You'll see quite a few areas where people are breaking new trail around these parts. But still, it's a pretty fun trail and a little different than most.

Edited by RLTrail

Marking trail on Sat. for next weekends Spring Ringer ride.. We  are using Lincoln Hills and Little Mannistee and I'm not sure what else. Come join us for a ride on Fathers Day weekend. See event flyer in CCC Rag.

I like to think of it as my SX training... :-)

There you go.   Actually I was thinking to use a few sections to try to dial in the suspension on my bike. I really haven't spent the time to do it since I bought it.

Let me know if anyone is headed to Leota to ride.

I am heading out at 7-8am from Farmington to go riding there. Should be there around 10 or so.

Been 2 years since I rode last so I need to get the cobwebs out. And I am riding a new to me bike so I will be taking easy for a bit.

Just wanna ride so I am headed up alone hoping to catch a few guys to ride with when I get there...

Not my best plan but my buddies can't seem to make it... tired of waiting on them.

So I finally made it out, rode Leota. I had a blast.

1st thing, I must have turned early I ended up driving down snowmobile trail 7 for a bit... found a couple other people and unloaded.

I wanted to get a feel for the bike so I shot down trail 7 until I reached single trail marker 26 right by I-127.

The single track from 26 to 18 was ight in the sense it was more overgrown. A bit Sandy in spots but not too bad for whoops. I rode this trail to the parking area marker 15. Took a 15 min Break ad relaxed.

Jumped back on the bike and decided to run 1-3, then took short cut to 13-14 and back to the parking lot. Now this side of the trails we're more wide open, definitely use by more 4 wheelers. But the down side was I had more whoops. This section took my already tired body to the max.

On my way back to the parking lot I realized I was getting tired and was sitting more than standing. I decided that was it for the day and found a couple shortcuts back to the truck.

Great ride... had a ball and oh boy am I sore today. But worth it.

It will be a couple weeks before I am able to give it a go again. Got the Nascar race next weekend.

Anyone riding tomorrow, cant get ahold of my riding bud So im goin solo if i gotta.. I got one day off this week