Sign in to follow this  

Lowered 92 KX250 - Want height back

Just rebuilt a 92 KX250 from a box of parts bought from a basement floor, and the seat height seems to be way low from the 38" or so stock seat height. I purchased some stock Dog Bones from EBay thinking this may have been how the bike was lowered, but they were the same as what was on it. What can I look at and measure to see what has been modified to lower this bike? I am 6'2" and want the height back to stock but don't want to keep buying parts for it only to find they do not help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I might be picking your brain.  I just got a 92 today and will have to do a bottoms up on it.  Was the frame originally a dark blueish?  Looking for new plastics too.  Ideas?

So my purple ish frame is a kid with a rattle can?  O great!  Not having much luck finding plastics.  wonder if I can polish out this purple @#$%^ plastic I have?  Trying to get ducks in a row when I actually work on it.  More like a slack time or winter project.  I have a YZ(ya I know) 250, a YFZ(I know)450 and a Softail to play with when I am not working my butt off in the field running a commercial hay farm.

I guess at my age 50+, I like working on bikes more than riding them.  Yup, officially old.

Service manual coming per ebay, gotta have it and a folder to document everything and keep tickets for resale.