Just bought a 2013 250sxf....

Just picked up a used 2013 250sxf with 15 hours on it. The previous owner was selling because of what i could tell to be financial reasons.... Anyway I got a pretty good price on it. I am coming off a 2009 KTM 125sx (i plan on keeping that bike as an extra). I weigh about 140lbs without gear on. What are somethings I should do to the bike as far as setup goes? I assume I should re spring it? Anything else on these 4 strokes? When should I check my valves and other motor things like that? I would hate to have a blown up four stoker on my hands... The previous owner seemed pretty knowledgeable and said he changed the oil every few hours and did the filter as well. 

15 hrs is nothing on these motors... the clearances on mine were perfect at 110hrs.

I weigh 150lb and run .45 front 5.2 rear and it works well for motocross. If you were doing off-road, you can drop another rate in the front by one and be fine.

It will be night and day better then your 09' 125 out of the box. Just set sag and go ride! ?

• Like 1

Well I went and rode it today with the stock spring rates (just set the sag) and all I can say is WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING ON MY OLD BIKE..... I just came off a broken wrist (got the cast off 3 days ago) so i figured i would take it easy the first day back on this new bike... first day back i could easily hit all the jumps.... unlike my 09 125 i barely had to work the bike. I would come into corners in 3rd and just rocket out of them with no clutching. (yes yes i know its a 4t so i shouldn't have to clutch a lot) Not to mention in the corners it sat down very nicely and really stayed in the ruts well.  Also down the straights the bike felt much more stable and planted. On my old bike going down high speed straights that were choppy before really required squeezing the bike with my legs a lot  and kinda hanging off the rear fender to not get kicked side ways... The new bike I just stay in a neutral or slightly back position and just hold her wide open and I had no fear of getting kicked! Honestly I just can't believe how stable the bike feels. Very pleased with the bike so far!!!

Edited by bri113
  • Like 1

Ok so I just installed an hour meter on the bike and then I ran the bike for 6 mins or so to see if the hour meter was working properly and would pick up the 1/10th of an hour… it did. Anyway after the bike was warmed up I was giving it a handful of gas and it would die… This only occurred when I gave it a lot of gas. When I gave it a smaller handful it would bog then rev up… Whats the deal? Old gas? Not really sure? First FI bike for me. Any help would be great! 

I have been looking all over the place for a service manual for my new bike… Where can I find one either to download (i don't mind paying for it) or as a second option where can i get a HARD COPY? I don't want a CD of it….