Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Any mountian trails in CO clear of snow yet? (1st week of June)

Wife and work both aligned to give me time off next week (June 2).  I want to ride mountains, but I think all the high stuff is still snowed in.  Or is something clear yet?  I can ride Rampart/woodland but prefer to go higher if i can (like Taylor/ CB).

Thanks

Rode Taylor Park and CB last week. Highest I got was 11,000ft in Elevation at Mirror Lake and everything was snowy up there.  Taylor Park had alot open though just stand by for some mud. I was suprised to see about 20 dirt bikers at Taylor since it was a weekday. Although Crested Butte riding areas have a lot of lower elevation areas then Taylor, they had alot more areas closed then Taylor. I'm sure if you call Mt. Crested Butte Police Department before you go and they will gladly tell you what is open to ride and what is still snowed in. They were very nice and gave me directions and trail names on areas to ride that weren't snowed in.

I'm pretty sure stuff like Timberline, Star, Star Pass and all the stuff at the north end of the valley still has snow on it. Sounds like what johnrunner was riding was Tincup and Pitkin.

Edited by 2012 450 xc-w

I staged at the taylor park trading post and rode various areas from there. Did about 60 miles. Tin cup was only about 10-15 miles of that which was mainly fire roads until the last leg. Wish I could tell you trail names but I have no idea as I just found my way back using my GPS.

I wonder how much of Dr. Park is open. Four mile and ruby mountain in Buena Vista is fun but I am itching to get over to Taylor.

Planning on Hartman Rocks in Gunnison this coming weekend.